You can type here any text you want

Camaro RS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Not much of a kill but I had to post it. The guy was such an ass....

Pre-98 Camaro RS. The gaudy ground FX package on a 6-cylinder F-body. Rush hour traffic. I see him in my rear view weaving in and out trying to get that extra car-length or two. It never really works out to these people's advantage - I always wind up behind or next to them eventually anyway.

So this guy finally works his way past me. I could care less about whether or not he's ahead of me, but I always have this thing for calling out posers. To me, an RS is a poser car: looks fast, but isn't. I can't defend my psychosis with wanting to teach them a lesson, I just feel compelled to. He had big aftermarket chrome rims and white a/c vents inside (could see the LH defog vent from my vantage point).

So, the guy had worked his way up ahead of me. Weaving and bobbing his way through traffic. I pretty much forgot about him until I rolled next to him at a light. It was perfect. 4 lanes wide, all straight. I'm in the middle, he's in the lane to my right. I wind the engine up a little against the brake. He hears it and starts to rev. It's a 5-speed. Light goes green and we're off. We're side by side the entire time - me just a little bit ahead. He was giving it all he had, and so was I. His nose dropped with every hard shift of that 5-speed and I'd inch ahead a little each shift. He wouldn't look over, but he had this constipated look on his face like he was trying to mash the gas pedal through the floorboard.

He ducked off a ramp at about 80 MPH with me a little bit ahead.

Score one for my POS '98 Blazer. 2-tons and 4-doors of stock 4.3 liter fury.

Jim

Oh man that guy must not know how to shift or he must of had a 3.4, because if he had a 3.8 in there he should of walked all over ya. Must of been a 3.4.

All Pre-98's

were 3.4's, just a bored and stroked version of the 2.8L 60* 6 bangin', low powered, poop motor. I still like em. But 4.3's are badass! Lotsa torque.

Nice kill!:D

Too bad it wasn't the Typhoon Jim. I still miss those kill stories. *snif* :cool:

Originally posted by ALBERTAN
Too bad it wasn't the Typhoon Jim. I still miss those kill stories. *snif* :cool:

Yeah, I miss it once in a while. I find I have a lot more time on my hands now that it's gone, though.....and my stress level has been reduced greatly. If only the GN had AWD....

Jim

Heh. Yeah that thing sure ran you around in circles. Hmmm...kinda sounds familiar. ;) I'm fast becoming partial to the GN too actually. Not nearly as much fun on the street, but easier to work on and the coolness factor of cruising in it is way higher. :D

Re: All Pre-98's

Originally posted by Big Paul
were 3.4's, just a bored and stroked version of the 2.8L 60* 6 bangin', low powered, poop motor. I still like em. But 4.3's are badass! Lotsa torque.

Nice kill!:D

Camaros got 3.8L's in 95.5 or 96. It probably was a 3.4, but it also could have been a 3.8L.

Back