You can type here any text you want

Camaro runs down Viper

• Thread starter Thread starter GNeric
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

GNeric

Today I was on a testdrive and took the I-10 exit south off of Hiway 70 here and was headed into some construction. Speed limit is dropped down to 45 to make it safe for the workers and when I got near our Lohman exit, I see this bright yellow blur (viper) going north on I-10 at an incredible speed. I guesstimated to be way over 100mph...120??130??? He was still in the 45mph zone and out from under the bridge I see this blue 2001 Camaro following at almost the same rate. Thing is, this Camaro is a police camaro and I immediately took the exit and tried my best to get thru traffic to go back and see what happened. I finally got back onto the hiway and didn't see them at all. About 2 miles up the road I see the lights of the camaro about 1/2 mile north of the hiway 70 exchange and when I passed the cop was standing outside the viper like he was VERY pissed off. Had what looked like a warehouse clipboard with lots of papers on it.:D Tickets maybe???
I thought for sure that at those speeds the guy would be in the back of the police car and a towtruck in route to pick up the viper. I went north to our Dona Ana exit and turned around again and headed back to work. They were still in the same place as earlier and he had another car for backup and lots of pointing going on. I'd sure like to find out what happened and if the viper is going to be auctioned off.;)

cop probally suckered the guy into a race then pulled him over. was the camaro undercover or did it have a full suit of lights?

It has all the badging on it and the light bar is VERY low on the roof. If you aren't paying attention, and he is behind you, you might not notice it is a cop. The light bar is about 1.5 inches tall and all the lights look like little sets of diodes. Very bright when they are on. Very fast car too. When the police first got it, they took it to our tracks playday. I don't remember what it ran, but everyone was pretty impressed from what I remember.

one way of noticing if you dont see the lights are the holes on the front bumper to cool off the brakes...my uncle is a chp and i got to sit in one a while back, quite an interesting tool!

we got em in california too. they are white with NO badging on them except for a small gold star on each door. the light bar is VERRY low to the roof and they have clear housings. almost impossable to see.

still its verry cool tho :)

Saw a black f4th gen Trans Am on pull someone over in Chicago. All the red an blue lights were where the normal lights would be ie. taillights/fog lights. You wouldnt have been able to tell it was a cop car. The cops in FL have Camaros too. Why doesnt the PD fix up a couple GN's and go bust people w/ those. They'd have more room to take em back to the station.

Yeah they got them here in Florida, but the way I've seen some of them drive makes me wonder. I have seen these cops go all over medians and grass to turn around and I have even seen one stuck in a ditch. It was pretty funny but you still have to be carful because you can't really tell if when you see a camaro if it is a civilian or cop.

Back in 85 I lived in Jupiter Fl. I was going up one of the freeways there when this cop car goes flying by me. I cant remember if it was a mustang or a camero but it wasnt your standard sedan.

The cop cuts across a very wide median only to find it full of water and mud. He threw mud for 20 ft as he slid sideways to a stop in a foot of water. I came back about 30 min later and he was still there. Tow truck had just pulled up :) :)

Dave

I don't know if it is completely accurate, but I was told that GN's were used as Police cars in Hawaii.

Yes we've got them here in CA.

Very sleeper, white, gold CHP badge on the side, low light bar.

I noticed on a trip over the weekend, even some of the vics got that low light bar.

I hate the old people that drive crown victorias and continentals.

Especially at night, you can't even tell if there cops or not, so they can mess with your mind. But I don't even think they know that.

I've driven my mom and dads new '00 Monte SS, and have had some people slow down or switch lanes when i'm behind them.

You gotta watch out though. They've got cop car anythings now. Newer Impalas. Older luminas. VOLVOS (here in CA). Damn near anything.

If they start with Hondas or Toyota cop cars next i'm going to Canada.....well maybe Mexico! :D

A while back in jersey city,NJ they confiscated an 86 GN and the narcs used it very funny to see two little red lights in the grill where a fmic should be.

Back