You can type here any text you want

Cams hard to get now?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTR

sprayhead
Sheesh, looks like to get a cam now I might have to go with the round core blank, which would only be like $7xx and 6 weeks wait. Seems the core we use is ~ out, or you can't get this lobe lift and seperation with xx core, or, ...

Sux...

Wonder how life is at Crane, Crower, Isky, etc?

TurboTR

PT&E initially told me that the cores were back-ordered with an indefinite delivery date. However, I got mine last week so I assume they got them in..their supplier is Comp Cams, I believe.

The LSA that the core can accomodate varies with duration..I talked with the guy at Reed and he said the max LSA in the 24x duration range I wanted would be around 110-112.

I ended up with a 248/248@.050, .385 lobe lift with 112 LSA that Dan Strezo at PT&E specified for my combo.

How long did you wind up waiting? I want like a 242/242/114. Today Dan said the cores were out for like the last 3 months(?). Crane shows a similar lobe to the 242 Comp extreme street in their catalog, but I haven't dealt with them- yet?

TurboTR

I was told that Crane supplies all the S2 roller cam cores / billets, including the ones that Comp uses. Don't know about flat tappet cores, but Crane is a reputable company, for sure.

cams

Call Steve at Reed Cams. 770-474-6664. I get mine in about two weeks for just a tad over $210 bucks. They also answer the phone and dont put you on hold for two hours.

Hmm wish I would have known that in advance :-) Sounds like Comp does have a few of the blanks I need after all and we might be able to get most of the the specs with it.

TurboTR

Re: cams

Originally posted by Ron Tarabori
Call Steve at Reed Cams. 770-474-6664. I get mine in about two weeks for just a tad over $210 bucks. They also answer the phone and dont put you on hold for two hours.

Ron,

I wanted to use Reed, but the smallest grind they had was something in the 250 duration range. That was a problem for me..I know it's not for your motors. :) And, when I called, they only had one core in stock and it was spoken for. The guy (Steve I assume) was very nice and helpful on the phone. I ended up waiting about a month for my cam from PT&E...at least a week of that was my fault as I was supposed to call back with rocker ratio info.

Back