You can type here any text you want

Can B4 Buicks/cars burn rubber

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
can/do b4 black cars burn out or even have enough power to burn out? I can get my rear end to truck up but no wheelspin.

oh yea it can.... if its tuned well... it will smoke em. any rim bigger than 15s is hurting that ability though.....

swapping out to a 3.73 set of gears will help.... or 13inch daytons!

what you might need to do though, is back the star adjuster on your rear drums off a turn or 2. that will help free up the drums when your mashing the pedal holding the fronts. after that, just dont slam on the brakes in reverse.... or the star adjuster will take the slack back up.

A.j.

YES done lots of smokies in my old original drawthru setup with 2.41 rear gear!!! and I broke plenty of th350's doing burnouts as well.
NOW I don't have to try anymore, lol although I'm scared too now this is my LAST th350.

If I hold the brakes and get it to 3PSI and let off the brakes I get a decent 5 ft peg leg rubber mark. Thats with an out of tune carb, 2.41's, and a light foot with no knock retard box. Got sorta sticky 225's on the back too. If I dont brake boost there is no way I can get it to even think about tire spin.

Blew out my right rear tire doing burnouts with my 84 olds hybrid carbed turbo.I recon it is about 200 horse power.

LOL Any question Romone? They can blow the hides off the car if you know what you're diong and if the the car is working right.

my old 79 with the 4bbl would brake loose standing on it from a stop light. That was with boost at all because of a bad wastegate. If I brake boosted it would let loose at 3psi and once it got up to 5psi it was all over with and would easily abuse the right rear tire across the intersection:cool: So yeah, they will do burnouts

Hey charles, what the story on the goods? I have a complete car sitting in the garage just waiting to be driven! That's right, I got ambitious

Yeah, my 78 has a 79 3.8 N/A 4b E-brock carb/intake and it can burn the tires off! I won a burnout contest at a car show once:eek: lmao... It seams to work better the hotter the engine is, but not to hot or it starts to cut off. When its cold, I have the same problem, I floor it and the car rises and roars, but no spin, unless ur on dirt or water lol

I took off the drag radials for the winter this weekend and put on some 235 yokohamas street tires. I left a pair of 15' stripes in the road.

You need to build some boost before you take off, otherwise turbo lag = traction control...... :p

Burnouts were the best part about my 83. With enough smoke, the big dent in the quarter wasn't even noticeable. I had 3:42 gear and 235/60s on 14" wheel with the original trans and a junk TC out of a NA regal. It really wasn't that different than my GN once you got 'em smokin, could stay in it forever.

Back