You can type here any text you want

Can chip lessen lag?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
I plan to get a custom chip for my new combo soon. The only problem in my combo is I still have the stock convertor. I just bolted on a new TE-63-1 w/ .63 housing. Can I get the guy doing my chip to somehow program it to spool up quicker, and if so, what do I ask him to do to it? I bought one of the quick spool boost controllers a while back. I will be putting it on when I get the car back. Should I still run the wastegate solenoid? I still have the stock wastegate for now.

Anybody? I thought I read once that leaning the chip out during spool-up reduced lag? I know a chip can only do so much, but every little bit would help. I know a chip won't make the turbo hit 20 psi by 3,000 rpms or anything but I thought it could be programmed to lessen lag due to the wrong convertor being used. Anyone?:confused:

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
I plan to get a custom chip for my new combo soon. The only problem in my combo is I still have the stock convertor. I just bolted on a new TE-63-1 w/ .63 housing. Can I get the guy doing my chip to somehow program it to spool up quicker, and if so, what do I ask him to do to it? I bought one of the quick spool boost controllers a while back. I will be putting it on when I get the car back. Should I still run the wastegate solenoid? I still have the stock wastegate for now.

If you need to tell your chip guy, to optimize your spooling, you might try looking around for another one.
There are several strategies, and different chip guys have their own preference as to what they like to do.

You might think of getting something like a Translator Plus, and/or a ME setup.

Leaning it out in 1st and 2nd like the Trans+ w/extender or the ME setup will help spoolup. Altering the timing at lower rpms will also help, some lower the timing with good results, but I raised my timing and got the best "seat of the pants" results. None of which will overcome the TE61 with stock D5 convertor slow spool up though, you'll have to get a higher stall convertor to get the results in 60' times that its capable of.

Back