Can i break to the 12's?

djj624

car is an 86 wich is basically stock except for a K&N filter/inlet pipe, casper audible knock sensor, fuel pump, adjustable fpr, and a tt chip. The chip is setup for TC lockup@90mph, 20psi, 26 degrees timing, and to run 108 octane. i will be on MT slicks.

Thanks guys.

car is an 86 wich is basically stock except for a K&N filter/inlet pipe, casper audible knock sensor, fuel pump, adjustable fpr, and a tt chip. The chip is setup for TC lockup@90mph, 20psi, 26 degrees timing, and to run 108 octane. i will be on MT slicks.

Thanks guys.

Yes, but the stock exhaust and cat could be an issue.

Manually lock the TCC and launch it very hard----maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I figured the cat and exhaust would hold me back some. Right now its just not in my budget so im working with what i do have. A 13.2 to 12.99 would be nice.

I broke into 12's on friday.1200 ft elevation, 101 degree weather.
I ran open exhaust,20# boost,C-16 gas,23 degrees timing,255/50-16 bfg drag radials.Stock turbo,injectors & fuel pump.
Only mods in sig.:smile:

Awesome man u give me some hope. How are you launching the car, just using the footbrake to build up boost and let go?

I was launchung of the foot brake, probably about 1#-2# of boost.Could'nt build boost,my tires would start spinning.
I posted a video in the photo & video section, check it out.

stock turbo, stock ic, 20 psi boost, pump gas w/ alky kit, on BFG street tires 13.10 @ 103mph 1.952 60ft

I figured the cat and exhaust would hold me back some. Right now its just not in my budget so im working with what i do have. A 13.2 to 12.99 would be nice.

You can cross bolt the cat to the exhaust at the track so that top two bolts of the cat go in the bottom two cat back holes to male a after cat "dump".

It's free (If a little Joe Dirt) but you will see it on a timeslip, especially if your cat is gutted.

You can cross bolt the cat to the exhaust at the track so that top two bolts of the cat go in the bottom two cat back holes to male a after cat "dump".

It's free (If a little Joe Dirt) but you will see it on a timeslip, especially if your cat is gutted.

lol....we would do that to a friend's IROC in highschool.... we thought we were so cool....:cool:

Damn you guys are killing me. I cant wait to get back to the track again. Just waiting on a few parts and im there.

Or you can also put a couple flat washers between the 2 flanges ;) That is what we did with a friend's big block to keep him from getting tickets for open headers