You can type here any text you want

can i use a bose cd player from a 94 camaro?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NICKG

will it fit? will it play? does it need an external amp? i know i need the adapter gm harness

Bose head units uses low level outputs and its wiring configurations are different from aftermarket decks. If you know alittle car audio you might be able to figure it out. You could purchase a Bose adapter to add aftermarket amp though but its expensive. And also the 94 Camaro side bracket are part of the radio and the holes don't line up but alittle modification you can mount it.

C'mon guys, we all know the rules here, or don't we? This is Turbo Buick Tech. Not stereo tech. :mad:

Moving this to the audio section

YES YES YES YES YES YES, YOU CAN USE IT. I HAVE IT IN MY CAR.
Yes you need a plug adaptor. Jays GN is where i got mine from.
The b ose radio does not have any power. You will need to get a delco/gm amplifier. THIS IS NOT HARD TO DO.!!!!!!!!!
If you look at the Radio you will see it can be split in 2.
You can go to and junhk yard and get the amp cheap.
If you ever saw a full size gm truck with the little square radios in the dash, they have the amp mounted under the dash. It un plugs from the wire harness, then you can put it on the bose unit. THIS IS A PLUG AND PLAY DEAL.VERY EASY, NO SPLICING NO CUTTING... CLEAR??? IF NOT SEND ME MAIL
RICHIE

not sure on the '94 decks f-body decks, but the '96 and newer truck delco radio's are hard to beat when it comes to quality. Not too many aftermarket decks beat them, the delco's just don't have the features the aftermarket does, nor the 'status symbol'.

Originally posted by RICHIE HIGH PSI
ummm let me see........

1- cd player
2 - looks great
3-sounds better
4-why not

1- costly
2- not to easy to install
3- reliability of a Bose
4- expandibility
5- why not?

Back