Can someone with original '87 GN/power6 wheelcaps MEASURE the insert for me?

Buick From Hell

sixey
Staff member
I've made several versions of these caps, but for some stupid reason I've never made note of what the insert size for the "STOCK" GN cap is!

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by striker_29
Hmm, this one came from Postons, maybe its not stock?:confused:

Hehe, hard to say, maybe mine isn't stock. :D I always thought it was. :confused: Oh well I don't have stock wheels anymore so I won't lose any sleep over it. :D

Ok, I'm a retard. Yes the insert with the power6 emblem on the front of the cap is 2 5/16. The metal insert on the back is 3":eek: Can you tell its been a long week lol

If you are talking about the ID---i just went and measured my known originalcap:D with my known-in-calibration measuring device(ver. cal.) and the id was 2.85".Let me know if you need another measurement.I think the id is what you are talking about though.

Geoff

Jeez-my bad----i measured the part that connects to the wheel-----if anyone ever needs to know that size===it is listed above:D .You wanted the insert---guess i should pay attn. next time.I will measure that when i get home in the morning---sorry for the confusion

Geoff

Thanks guys! :)

2-5/16 (2.312") is a common size I do, and sounds familiar...I'm thinking the 2.85" measurement may be from the base(?)--is it possible there's more than one "stock" wheelcap? :confused:

For clarity, I'll be more specific: HERE IS A PICTURE I have with the dimensions of a pair of wheelcaps (for GNX style wheels) for reference--the measurement I need from the stock wheelcaps is what I show as the "cap dia." in the pics, the actual overlay/insert diameter!

Thanks again guys!