You can type here any text you want

Can TCC be stuck after plug is pulled on trans?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I pulled the TCC connector on my trans, but I still get the symptoms of a stuck TCC solenoid. Is that possible?

TIA

What kind of symptoms?

The valve could be stuck in the TCC on position. This would cause the TCC to come on right when it shifts into 2nd.

The car stalls when put into gear, when I drive the car and come to a stop the car surges, when I put the car in park from gear, the idle sky rockets to 3,000 rpms or so. I can get it in gear but I have to neutral drop it to do it.

Sounds more like a converter problem.

Sweet6 said:
The car stalls when put into gear, when I drive the car and come to a stop the car surges, when I put the car in park from gear, the idle sky rockets to 3,000 rpms or so. I can get it in gear but I have to neutral drop it to do it.

There is no lock up oil behind the lock up valve in park, reverse, neutral or low. BUT , If the valve is stuck in the bore down , yes you could potentially have this problem. The solenoid wouldn't matter tho. It would have to be the valve stuck. I would check the converter. Pull trans out and stick in a known good d-5. See what happens. Or pull pan, pull solenoid and see if the valve is stuck in the bore.

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

Silly me. I was thinking IF the solenoid was crudded up and the TCC valve was free.

Back