You can type here any text you want

can't build any more boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oddiesGN

On my 87 grand national I was running 18 psi of boost, I switched out engines got a ta49 turbo, 60# injectors e85 fuel and turbotweak chip. The chip is set at 25-26 psi of boost, but at first I was only doing 10 psi of boost. I adjusted my wastegate rod all the way and was only getting 20 psi of boost. Took in out driving again and now only 15 psi of boost. Do I need to go with an external wastegate to get to 25 psi or is there a problem with my chip.

I checked all over for a leak, but I don't see or hear any thing. I even unplugged the boost silenoid and still only get 15 psi of boost. I'll keep checking for leaks.

I checked the puck before installing the turbo. I cleaned the puck before installing the elbow, looked inside the turbo with the wastegate hooked up with the puck closed and shined a flash light up in there and didn't see any light around the puck from the other side. I looks to be sealed. How do I tell if the puck is not sealed?

if you may have the vacuum lines switched turbo/wastegate

or like the rest of the crew said your not covering your wastegate hole fully

Back