You can type here any text you want

Can't decide what to do...need insight.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
To make a long story short, a local guy that I've known for ~6 years now offered me $24k for my TTA and enclosed trailer....he literly wants to hook up to the trailer and go. For those of you that have seen my car and trailer and can validate their condition, I want to know what you think about the deal??? I'm sort of on the fence and can't seem to make a decision on this matter. Right now the TTA looks and runs GREAT and the trailer is still the same. I'm in the mood for something else to play with, but I love the TTA and hate to part with it unless the $$$ is right...throw all opinions out there, I need help!

BTW, the TTA has 17k miles, it's a cloth seat festival car, and the motor and about every part in and around it are new with 302 miles on them.

Tell him 32K and go buy another. One was just posted for 14.5k yesterday.

it's hard to kick a gifted horse in the mouth with $$$ .. :p whats the trailor worth ?? I am debating to . I may sell both and just play with my "ricer" :rolleyes: :eek:

Attachments

• RX7eng.jpg
    RX7eng.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 94
  • RX7home.JPG
    RX7home.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 79
I would say no. However I'm kind of attached to mine since it's my first car. Mine has 23k miles on it and I would accept no less than $23k just for the car. $24k seems rather cheap for a Festival with that mileage and a trailer if you were to ask me. I think it should bring around $26k-27k with the trailer assuming both are in good condition.

oh ..how long have you had the car ???? I have had these cars since they were new :eek: soooo I am tired of them .. just remember these are all "opinion's" !!! and you know about opinions :rolleyes: :p

I have to side with Dan - what's the trailer worth? If it's $4K or less, I don't see how you can't sell the car. Remember, twinvipers was looking at 24k for a car with less than 100 miles, right?

I'd sell mine for $24k tomorrow and I'll have way over $40K in it before it's done

Tell him $26K.
and then take it and buy another "investment car"
I really dont think the market matches the rarity because of the popularity just isnt there.
I am thinking of getting rid of my hybird just because no one really knows what they are and at most "Buick" events you are shunned to "bracket racing bastard child"

turbov6joe said:
To make a long story short, a local guy that I've known for ~6 years now offered me $24k for my TTA and enclosed trailer....he literly wants to hook up to the trailer and go. For those of you that have seen my car and trailer and can validate their condition, I want to know what you think about the deal??? I'm sort of on the fence and can't seem to make a decision on this matter. Right now the TTA looks and runs GREAT and the trailer is still the same. I'm in the mood for something else to play with, but I love the TTA and hate to part with it unless the $$$ is right...throw all opinions out there, I need help!

BTW, the TTA has 17k miles, it's a cloth seat festival car, and the motor and about every part in and around it are new with 302 miles on them.

Well bud, here's my honest 2 cents. If you can get $24 K go for it. Why you ask! Cause you stated that it's a 17K car with a rebuilt motor. If I was interested in buyin a low milage collector, I wouldn't pay the $'s for one with a rebuilt motor. No insault intended.

If you trailer is worth $4000 or less than go for it. If the trailer is worth more than $4000 then add the additional amount to the total price. When your car is sold and you are missing your TTA to work on you can always come over and work on mine.

The trailer is a 1995 Haulmark Elite II race hauler, with about every option except AC and gen unit. Around here encloseds and flatbeds hold their value something fierce, so I guess I could sell it tommorow for $4000=$4500 no problem.

As for the rebuilt motor, I know to some folks this is bad, but for me to rip it down and fresh'n it up every winter it's SOP.....prevents worse things from hapening later on down the road.

I've had this car for close to 4 years and am not sick up it, just entertaining another toy car. I had my GN for 13 years and never really grew sick up it, just wanted something else to play with. The TTA was everything I wished my GN was, but now I'm leaning in another direction.

I think the value of these cars will jump significantly but not for a few more years at least. I might be getting rid of it too soon. but my need for speed is too strong.

So, would you all say $20k is a fair-good-or great price for my TTA going off of what you know?

The TTA will be in the Kansas City World of Wheels show this weekend...after I see it there looking at its best, I might not ever want to get rid of it! keep the opinions coming folks, I need all I can get.

turbov6joe said:
So, would you all say $20k is a fair-good-or great price for my TTA going off of what you know?

The TTA will be in the Kansas City World of Wheels show this weekend...after I see it there looking at its best, I might not ever want to get rid of it! keep the opinions coming folks, I need all I can get.

Take it from someone who shopped them hard for the past 6 months, $20K is a very fair price, especially as pointed out, it has a rebuilt engine. It really is not a badge of honor, but a detraction if you are looking for the big dollars.

There are numerous ones out there for a little more that are unmolested, which to someone who is looking to spend good dollars will be looking for.

There is one in Colorado with 1,900 miles for $25K. There is a beauty in NY with 8,000 miles for $23K. There was one sold 2 months ago in NC with 500 miles for $24K. The list goes on and on.

If I was in your position and someone wanted to give me $20K for it, I would not even blink, the title would be signed and I would be looking for my next new toy.

If you are unsure what to do, I'd keep it. The car is not going to depreciate anyway. Maybe dump the trailer if you don't need it.

only other thing I can add is that you have someone with the $$$ in thier hand ??? I'd take it !!! LOT of stroker's out there !!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Grumpy said:
only other thing I can add is that you have someone with the $$$ in thier hand ??? I'd take it !!! LOT of stroker's out there !!! :rolleyes: :eek:

That's what my pop said also and he's usually the one trying to talk me out of selling anything.

turbov6joe said:
That's what my pop said also and he's usually the one trying to talk me out of selling anything.

some "elder's" know what we are talkin about :eek: :p

lol

I dont know how to answer this one.

I dont buy anything that I plan to sell.(Buying meaning cars that I buy with the intent to keep, not ones I buy with the intention of flipping :-))

But there is always that maxim of "If someone offered me XXX $ I would sell it in a heartbeat"

If $24k-$26k is at your XXXX amount than let it fly and buy another.

If its not, hold on until u get what u want so u dont regret it.

later
Jeremy

trophystock,
The hardtop is what I really wanted but none presented themselves when I was buying a TTA 4+ years ago. What's the story with your car?
I have my TTA in the Kansas City World of Wheels show this weekend and have been chewing at the bit worried about it all weekend....my dad had some lady run into his GN 2 years ago with a baby cart, knocked the t-top off of it, top slid down the door putting a crease in the metal; she walked off like nothing happened :mad:
The good news about about the show is I spoke with one of the judges that had been back to my car 3 times and spent more time than usual looking it over. Finally on the 3rd trip back we spoke. Tunrs out he's judging the "Contempory Hadtop 1980-1989" class and was having a hard time between my car and another. He didn't expound on what award he was judging for, but he said it was good...wishful thinking...wishful thinking :biggrin:
I took second place in my class last year and fixed all but 1 of the things I got dinged on last year (old hood liner)...can't do anything about that right now, it's a 1989! Anyhow, seeing my car looking at its best kinda makes me lean towards keeping it; I know the value will jump sooner than later. I think the "buyer" for my car might be by today, he'll crap when he sees it under those lights!
Thanks for the opinions guys, I'll keep my head screwed on right and see what happens with the purchase. I'm in no hurry and really don't care if he buys it. If the right $$$ presents itself then maybe things will happen???

Back