You can type here any text you want

Can't figure out my idle problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

I just searched 18 pages under"idle" and can't find any info. The motor revs up about 200 rpm every 10 seconds or so then it goes down about 300 and almost seems like it's going to die once in a while. I have sprayed carb cleaner all over my intake and vacuum lines but can't find a leak. There is one vac line the is just plugged up but someone told me it's normal. What else could be my problem?

check the idle air control valve for binding and sticking, these cars are known for this. also check and see if the throttle body requires cleaning.

Fred

Is this an over the counter part? Can I go into autozone and buy a new one?

Do a search on "IAC" and you should be able to find a ton of info. I think they are pretty easy to get ahold of at local auto parts stores.

Nevermind, the search engine won't work with only three letters.

Yeah. I tried to search iac valve but came back with 18 pages of junk. I went to autozone. Bought the valve, now it idles at about 1500. No more rpm dip but it's ideling so high can't really tell if it fixed anything. Is there an adjustment on the iac for idel rpm?

Back