Can't make more than 20 psi, why?

DonnieShort

Who's Next?
I was able to take the car out for a few test runs today. I thought that with the PTE-52 I would be able to make more than 20 psi, but no matter how much I turned the wastegate rod, it would only make 20psi. As soon as it got to 20, it acted like it would try to go up, but as soon as it got to 21psi it would immediatly go back down to 20. And in doing this at 21 psi it would slow down until it got back to 20psi. I got a new adj. actuator when I bought it and thought I could make more boost. I am still using the stock elbow until my 3" Mease dp comes. The car has a budget 3" dp using the stock elbow. What gives? is there something else that I should be doing? Do I need a new wastegate solenoid to allow higher boost? I know that the stock (unported) elbow is hurting me, but that much? Is there something more obvious that I need to look at that I'm not thinking of?

Donnie

My experience: Too much backpressure. Are you running a catalytic convertor? How much muffler?
Keith

Originally posted by kjhansen
My experience: Too much backpressure. Are you running a catalytic convertor? How much muffler?
Keith

No cat, dump open. Can stock unported elbow cause backpressure that would do this? thanks

Donnie

Is this the first time that you are running it since the Timing Chain install? Does it build boost slow? A friend of mine set up his timing wrong..... He used the keyway as TDC instead of the dot on the crank gear. He had it where it wouldn't build more than 20 psi. as well. He even threaded the rod more, thinking that it had to be shorter still :confused: Just a thought though.