You can type here any text you want

Car dies, then will run and die... Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cabech984

Ive been trying to figure it out for the last 2 months on and off. I have been driving the car since Saturday when I thought I fixed it. When it is acting up, my hood mount fuel pressure gauge will flutter alot and pressure will die off, killing the car. the mods I have to the car are in my signature. I removed the Hotwire kit, to eliminate it. It didnt work.

I did however, kill the battery in it the last time it acted up. I always noticed the fpr gauge needle not staying still with that battery so I put a Optima red top in and I thought that fixed it because I drove it Saturday-tonight. I actually went drag racing Sunday and it didnt act up then.

I dont know what else it could be, I am considering replacing the alternator and starter just to rule them out. I am gonna try to eliminate the fuel pump from the picture this weekend. Does anybody have suggestions???

Thanks for looking,
Chris

I don't see how the starter would figure into it. Why not take the alternator to Autozone or Napa and have it tested?

Ive also had porblems where it wouldnt crank as well. I'll get the alternator tested for sure.

Back