You can type here any text you want

Car goes sideways

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hang10

old surfboards wanted!!!
:eek: When launching my car from a stop, the backend kicks out 2 the right hard. Whats next air bags or lower control arm upgrade or both??

thanks kurt

hang10 said:
:eek: When launching my car from a stop, the backend kicks out 2 the right hard. Whats next air bags or lower control arm upgrade or both??

thanks kurt
Better tires. :confused:

mygrain said:
Better tires. :confused:

Maybe? :confused: Did a search and it seems like a toss up between air bags and boxing the LCAs.Thanks for your reply.......

Does your car have a posi or peg leg rear end? If you switch the two rear tires is it better? How much rubber do the rear tires have? Of your two choices, I would do air bag(s), right rear aired up. A 1 3/8" rear sway bar did wonders for my car. Good luck.

Tires have less then 1k miles on them.car did the same thing with the old set of tires on it.I just finished doing a turbo,injector,intercooler swap and the problem is more severe with all the new torque :biggrin: .I am giving Summit a call right now.

I see, you need to harness that torque. First question: what size and kind of rear tires? Get some meats back there, then do the basic rear suspension mods: boxed control arms, air bags, cargo coil springs, shocks and a big rear sway bar. Dial it in and hook 'em.

sideways

put alky inj on it,apply the e-brake,launch w/ 30 psi of boost,see if it still goes sideways,if so,driver error,....see ya saturday..

I added HR control arms and that stopped any sideways movement of my car at launch. It also helped stop the rear from swaying at speed. I bet your bushings in the arms are worn.

The first, and cheapest fix is an airbag in the passenger side rear spring. Thats the best $40 I spent on my car! It will take out a lot of the fishtailing. My next step was to put 275/50's on my rear stock rims. This helped with the wheel hop. No spacers needed either! These two upgrades were cheap and made a world of difference. Next summer I am going to do the boxed control arms and a fatter sway bar....probably new springs and shocks too.

Back