car is running really rich

kmart17

my 87 gn runs really rich when you first start it up, and also runs kind of crappy at idle too, once it warms up it idles rough but it won't die, off idle it runs really good but when you come up to a light it idles rough, the motor is stock, and I don't have a scantool, i was thinking iac, and gntype is obviously down so what do you guys think.

thanks-kevin

A tune-up wouldn't hurt if you haven't done one recently,I just did new plugs and wires and noticed a huge difference in idle quality.

if you don't have a scan tool and don't plan on getting one i think you can do it with a multimeter by probing the TPS and IAC and adjusting them. not sure what the iac numbers should be but tps should be set for around .42-.44V at idle.

a tune up wouldn't hurt either if you haven't changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve lately.

unless you really really just like replacing random parts and probing stuff with a multimeter i would seriously consider getting a scanmaster. just set it up with a cigeratte lighter adapter for a temp way to power and hook it up to your aldl. or if you have a laptop buy one of the nicer scan tools.

replaced the o2 sensor and did the basic tune-up when I changed the o2 sensor i disconected the tps sensor and never reconected it so now it runs pretty good still a little rich and rough but was going to hook it to a scanmaster until i through the timing chain, oh well