You can type here any text you want

Car missing/bucking=ignition problems?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

.38 special

all spooled up
Ok, if you have been following my last two threads-I was having a detonation problem, but no lean condition. I was running 15psi with 93octane and was detonating at the top of second and through third.
I ended up adding xylene and turning down the boost to 14psi before I started throwing parts at it=and that seemed to help, but still had a small amount of detonation which is totally unacceptable.

Today, I went to go to a friends house and at just under half throttle it started missing and bucking. When it does this I can see what I think is a mist of fuel coming from the tail pipes. It does it at very low boost and only in drive, not if I rev it in neutral. However, if I floor it, it does ok-- a little sluggish, but no missing.
Now, I don't know if the problem is related, but here is some of the stuff I know is good and have done.

New Maf and T+
New Denso O2 sensor
FP 44 line off and is good under boost.
I've swapped coil packs.

I was thinking ign module, but haven't had time drive 60 miles to borrow a known good one.
Just wanted to know if there was something I was forgetting.
Sorry so long.

Just to throw this out, a flakey cam sensor could cause exactly the problems you describe.

Back