You can type here any text you want

car skips and scan master goes out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1340busa

Hey guys I'm having problems with my car. Its a 87 Gn with some work done to it. When cruising sometimes the car will skip and the check engine light will flash. The light may stay on for awhile sometimes the scan master goes blank. Its doing it a lot more here lately. Think maybe the ignition control module or the crank sensor?

sounds electrical related if its affecting the scanmaster
either the scanmaster is loosing power or its loosing the aldl signal from the ecm ,
so maybe the ecm power is intermittent (check the orange wire by battery for soft or broken wiring inside the insulation)
could be positive battery cable rubbing frame or header
could be a terminal issue at the ecm connection
or bad ground ,check battery ground cable both ends ,check grounds behind pass head

I just went thru something very similar. I changed a few things with no change.

Then finally i unplugged the EMC and plugged it back in and PRESTO and is fine again.

I still don’t know what happened but it was EMC related somehow.

D

I just went thru something very similar. I changed a few things with no change.

Then finally i unplugged the EMC and plugged it back in and PRESTO and is fine again.

I still don’t know what happened but it was EMC related somehow.

D
I never had a problem till I changed my oil the other day. I unplugged the orange wire and spun the motor over. When I plugged the wire back together the car went in limp mode. I had to pull the battery cable and the chip. The scan master went out then also.

Back