car stalls after high rpm

terryjh6

hi guys,, my car will stall after a quick stab on the gas, after about 3500 rpm. it will do this driving down the road or sitting still in the parking lot,, if i rev it quick past about 3000-3500 and snap the throttle shut it will stall, and the samething will happen on the road?? this has just started, can anybody help??? :) Thanks Terry

Make sure your IAC is operating properly, and the TPS numbers are still correct. Are your showing any codes? Do you have a scan tool? Post back, Brian

sorry Brian, i don't have a scan tool :rolleyes: , but no codes are comming up .. i do have a tps-tec throttle enhancer that showes the green light at idle so the tps should be set right..

OK, start off by removing and cleaning your IAC valve. If it's original, I'd just replace it.This is most likely your problem. I'd also try disconnecting the TEC, and checking the voltage settings of the TPS. Idle should be .40-.44, and WOT should be 4.60-4.80. These numbers should get you close enough to eliminate the TPS as a cause of your problem, unless the TPS is bad. If it is, you should be coding for high or low voltage. Get on the phone with a vendor and get atleast a scanmaster. Brian

brian, i got in and cleaned the tps connector and she's running like a dream,, thanks for the help!!!! :) Terry and yes-- it IS time for some type of scan tool, i think i've gone as far as i can in my tuning without knowing what is really going on :redface: