You can type here any text you want

Car stalls when you first start it xfi 2.0

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quadzila

My car stalls after about 3 seconds, once or some times twice after i first start it, or if it sits for an hour or so:confused: i have adjusted a few of the starting tables and still it stalls. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. this is what i have adjusted.

the after start enrichment table was at 25% and i increased it to about 50% at the starting temp and that didnt work.

the after start revs was at 25 and lowered it to 12 and still stalled.

i uploaded my tune and a log where the car stalled a few times and also a log after it was warmed up and did a run with full boost. thanks in advance for any help...

start idle question???

I did try to increase the start up idle to 1400rpm to try and keep it running and noticed it would not go over 1000-1050 rpm when i first started it cold but after about a minute of running it would go to set 1400rpm. Does anybody have any input of why this would happen? thanks Brian....

I did try to increase the start up idle to 1400rpm to try and keep it running and noticed it would not go over 1000-1050 rpm when i first started it cold but after about a minute of running it would go to set 1400rpm. Does anybody have any input of why this would happen? thanks Brian....

A couple things come to mind,
Did you set the min idle stop on the TB ? Throttle plate should not be so closed that the idle air motor is used up for warm idle.
Did you run through the new self calibration feature for the TPS on the 2.0 update ?
Did you set up the idle parameters after calibrating the TPS ?

Allan G.

i beleive that the idle stop is in good position because i have varyied the rpm up to 1500 down as low as 700 from the idle speed vs coolant table.
i have not run through the self calibration for tps on the 2.0 update.
i guess there is an up date to the 2.0 ?

i beleive that the idle stop is in good position because i have varyied the rpm up to 1500 down as low as 700 from the idle speed vs coolant table.
i have not run through the self calibration for tps on the 2.0 update.
i guess there is an up date to the 2.0 ?

What I like to start with is the idle stop set to just barely idle then let the idle air pick up from there. If the car stalls with the idle air shut then the stop is probably set to low.

Run through the self calibration of the TPS. Don't remember of the top of my head how to do, since I only needed to do it once. It is very easy to do and may helf fix your issues.

There is a 2.01 update and should be reflashed for this update. I think you may need to recalibrate the TPS again after the reflash.

Allan G.

ok i will set the idle then recalibrate, thanks for your help. brian
Both of these settings should be set Brian, I made another adjustment to the starting IAC setting. check you email

i did check my email and got those adjustments, thank you again. i hate to bother you with such a small issue. i will call you at the shop.

Back