You can type here any text you want

Car starts then dies? FAST system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whitettype86

Young William
Well I loaded up Norbs Gct file and the car still starts up and then dies. If I give it throttle it throttles up and cuts out and dies.
I'm new at this Fast system and need to know what to adjust to get the car to idle and go from there. There seems to be alot adjusting to do. Also do u have to set up the Tps and IAC like the old stock tuning way? If not what do I need to adjust the TPS to %? All help will be helpfull:D

I have the same cam and injectors its should be very close. Turn the ignition on, go to afterstart vs coolant temp, and look where it is sitting for the coolant temp. Increase the value about 5 numbeers and try and restart the car. tell me if it helps or not. Make sure the fuel pressure is about 40 psi hose off. Tps is not that important as stock ecm. tps should be around 12-13 but not critical. Log the a/f ratio when cold, keep the key on for 10 seconds before you start to warm the o2 up. This way we can see ifts way to lean or not

once the car is running go to throttle follower menu, and watch the iac count it should be about 10-20 in park once the engine is warm, about 50- 60 in gear

INcrease the afterstart again by 5 numbers at the same temp, and maybe the next temp setting beside it to the right. If that dont work go to the warmup enrichment table and increase it same way. Log each time after each start, see if it runs longer also. If you hold the throttle will it keep running?

Norbs, Its still about the same. If I give it throttle I have to get on then off and back on to keep it running. Can I call u or u call me.:)

i sent you a pm, did u get it?

Norbs,

I got your P.M. I'll call u this weekend. Car is at my parents house and its easier to work on there and store. I'll get in touch
with u this week Norbs.:D

Program

William your problem is not in the program, you have wiring issues that need to be taken care of. By the way I need to get the fuel sending unit back that we loaned you it is for Lyles car and he needs it. I will give you some more help when you take care of your business.:)

William your problem is not in the program, you have wiring issues that need to be taken care of. By the way I need to get the fuel sending unit back that we loaned you it is for Lyles car and he needs it. I will give you some more help when you take care of your business.

Well its not the wiring, it was the program. Got the car to run for about 6 to 7min. Now to get the car tuned. I'll get the fuel pump out and take care of some buisness next week. :D

what happened after 7 minutes????????Did it go into closed lop and then stall?

I was giving it throttle and stuff and it died. Also the car low on oil so I decieded to call it a day and try tomorrow. I'll most likely call u tomorrow NORBS :D

I am glad you got it running, but you really need to log the a/f ratio and see what is going on with it. I guess you raised the ve map until it stayed running? It must really need a lot of fuel

Also watch your MAP sensor. I had a situation where for no reason my MAP would go from 98 to 1 withouth the car running. With the MAP at 1 the car would start then immediately die. After I fixed my connection everything was fine.

It needs alot of fuel but why? Also now the car dies when I put in gear. So what do I need to adjust now:)

Burned up Adaptor harness

Well just as I suspected the adaptor harness was shorted out due to some wiring issues. I installed this fast system and harness in my car and found the tps was not getting signal and one injector circut was dead. Cut away the tape on the adaptor and found that the circuit board has 2 traces that are burned up. I repaired the burned traces by soldering in some wire in place of the burned traces. Fast is working now! That car has some shorts in the harness that burned up the Fast adaptor. It was not a tuning issue. :)

Back