You can type here any text you want

Carb?

• Thread starter Thread starter Poppinrex7
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
P

Poppinrex7

if i am to get a new carb, which should i go with and what cfm?

You made me search to find out want year you have....83T....
You can ONLY use that kind of carb that is on it, holly and such does not make a CCC carb to replace it. So you have 2 choices
1. rebuild the one you have or
2. Buy a rebuilt one...

Get Doug Roe's book on Q-jets and rebiult it your self. I have done both. :)
Jim

well i got the car and it has an edelbrock maybe 600 on it and where the secondary linkage should be there is nothing there so there is no secondaries and it is a huge slug, who makes a full exhaust for our cars? like downpipe, up pipe, everything...? to be honest i know nothing about the car but i am quite familiar with turbo cars because my other car is a turbo RX-7 with all the upgrades...

Does it now a vac advance on it instead of the CC dist?

The 84-84 headers, crossover will bolt on to our cars. The up pipe and down pipe will have to be custom made. Hokker, DynoMax offer catback exhuast for our cars. I'm going with a DynoMax ultra flow 3" single shot.

Check out B4Black's site.
Jim

the distributor is vacuum advance...there are a couple of plugs sitting on top of the intake manifold not going to anything, im guessing electric choke? i don't know, also im wondering if the car is good and running right, what are the stock quarter mile times and what do you need to run a 13 second run.

Back