You can type here any text you want

Carbed turbo Tophat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garrett

Does anyone have one of those "tophats" that go on the top of a carbed turbo car that they want to sell?
I have a 87 Olds 442 with a 307. So far I have removed the mechanical fan, Upgraded the ignition/wires/spark plugs/fluids/ installed Hedman full length headers and a nice free flowing 3 inch exhaust..
Now don't laugh..... I want to remove the stock dual snorkel air cleaner assembly and replace it with a set-up closer to the 83 turbo car air cleaner design. I plan on adding a ELECTRIC pump to force air and a homemade alcohol injection system that is operated by a toggle switch for wide open throttle situations. This is my budget- screw around car. Sometimes thse can be the most fun.:D

You can try getting something that could work form Spectre. I know when I was going to do a budget cold air on my TBI Firebird, I read that one of those plastic "tophats" from a Cadillac would work. I think the one I got it from was a 90's (?) but I don't remember. If you see on in the junkyard, you will know immediately what you are looking at.

I have a link right here, but I didn't realize that it was going to be $91!
http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.9841

thanks

Alittle too expensive for the Spectre piece for what it is.
As far as junkyards, there isn't much left in Florida. Almost all the junkyards are gone and the cars have been sold for scrap metal.

over here in l.a junk yards fool of those cadillac top hat plastic peases =] i was ganna use one myself they do fit a 4 berrow carb i tested it u just need to ad somthing to help it grabe on but yea those will work

Back