CARFAX does not list history for 1979 TA 10th Anniversary

GNregistry

CARFAX report does not go back to 1979.

Where else can I find information about history of vehicle...

I am looking for 1979 Silver Anniversary Trans Am, 4 speed manual tranny, in MINT original condition... prefer no repaints, willing to spend up to $40,000 cash... saw one listed on www.TAspecialties.com with 282 miles....$48,500 ---- looking for something that is used but in excellent condition in and out. Anyhelp from you guys/girls out there...

VIN I initerested in has 2X87Z9N136470, carfax will only use 17 character VIN... and does not go back to 1979!

Thanks
email gnregistry@aol.com or reply here -- whatever works....

I spoke to capt rob, who has one also.

Not a solid roof car.
Very nice, though.
I will stick with solid roof cars, in GN's anyhow.

Re: also listed 1200 mile GN for $28

Originally posted by GNregistry
http://www.taspecialties.com/gn.htm

1,100 miles for $28,500

pretty nice, price might be on the high side in my opinion. car look to have been painted and has some non original parts. but the 1100 miles helps it out alot.

good luck on your search brett!

Yeah I ran into that same problem Brett with Carfax. You just have to make sure the seller has all documentation, all inspection records, and if you have a copy of the title from previous owners, call them up and chat with them. I did that on my TTA, I called the original owner that bought it new to find out if they sold it to the guy I was buying it from and why they sold it!
If you are looking for one to drive periodically and enjoy, I'd go with a 10-20k mile car thats in mint condition, they can be found just with patience.
Mine is a driver car, its not showroom condition, if it were it would be harder for me to bring myself to drive it, especially if I had spent what your willing to spend. The guy I bought it from thought I was nuts to drive it home from Maryland to Texas! Just for one to periodically enjoy, there's not any difference in a less than 1k mile car and one with less than 20k miles on it as long as its mint, and you can save $15k to.
There's a 3500 mile one on ebay now, but its an auto 403, I think the bidding is up to around $27k now.

I had one

In the early 90s,,,it was a 403 auto with 80,000 miles. Sold it for $8500 bucks. It was super nice, but the prices just werent up on them back then.

I loved that car:D