You can type here any text you want

Caring for stock pulled engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNT

Hello guys-

So after much debating I've decided to leave my stock motor sitting in my garage and moving forward with purchasing an already built long-block and using the accessories from my original engine.

My question is as follows. What all do I need to do in order to keep the stock engine as pristine as possible internally?????? Is there something I can pour/spray into the block orifices to make sure I don't get corrosion build up in the pistons/block etc....?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

I have my stage block on the stand in my garage for the past couple yrs . I have been spraying wd40 every 6-7 months on all exposed metal parts . image.jpeg

WD-40 is not an adequate preservative. It is mostly a solvent based water displacer (Hence the WD). I have used WD-40 from a gallon can mixed 50/50 with some clean 30 or 40 weight motor oil to preserve engines & parts. I pour it into a standard plastic pump style spray bottle & use that to apply. I live in an extremely wet & humid part of the country & it has never let me down. I have seen plenty of ruined/rusted firearms, parts, etc, that were sprayed with WD-40 prior to storage. There are also commercially available engine fog sprays in the automotive/marine departments. While the engine is running at a fast idle, you spray the fogging agent into the intake until the engine dies. Then store it.

Back