You can type here any text you want

Cas front mount

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nicksturbo

Could sombody send me a picture of a CAS front mount on TTA. I would like to see under the front of the car. bought front mount want to make sure I got all the parts. I want to know if ther is anything to direct the air to the intercooler, like on the GN.
Thanks, Nick

I tried to open the pictures no good. Do you have somthing in the fron to diect the air to the intercooler.
Nick

Nick - the simple answer is "no" - that's been the main problem with the TTA front mount. You don't get that nice big grill opening like on a GN.

People have done some things from what I've heard/seen, like try and mount an electic fan(s) in front of the unit (limited space).
I'm going to try that approach.

Also - we talked one time about potentially redirecting the air from the hood vents to that area.

I think Uffe posted a picture of a TTA with the newer type TA bulbous hood. That would open up some possibilities, although is is definitely a non-stock look.

I'm sure someone could make a scoop that fits under that front valance and brings up air, but it would have to be thin and would be very close to the ground.

There was at least 1 TTA person who had one of those IC's that were cooled by the air conditioning unit. They remain semi-controversial.

This is one reason why many think the liquid IC is the way to go, but that opens many debates.

This is certainly one area that is looking for an innovative solution!

i have a pte unit on my car that i customized to fit the tta ie"cutting and welding " took about 8 hours to do the install with the cutting and welding

george

I don't know, I talk To Tony today,is sending me a scop that goes on the front of my front mount for 89TTA.
Nick.

Originally posted by Nicksturbo
I don't know, I talk To Tony today,is sending me a scop that goes on the front of my front mount for 89TTA.
Nick.

Yep, should be a long aluminum "spoiler" that bolts to the bottom of the IC.

Back