CAS sheetmetal intake

G

GNSCOTT

Anybody have the new CAS sheetmetal intake yet?? Any probs? and what TB are you using?

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Anybody have the new CAS sheetmetal intake yet?? Any probs? and what TB are you using?

If I did, it would be put up on the mantle. Sure is beautiful, it would look good under the Chrismas tree.

i hear ya on that, but i think i look at my motor more than my mantle.LOL so a sheetmetal intake would be perfect on the motor for me. He's got 1 for $1200 that fit on production and one for like $1350 and i am wondering if that's one for stage 2 heads.It doesn't state that, but i'm figuring with the higher cost , that is the reason, anyone know the difference in the 2 price models?? I called CAS but kept getting the answering machine.

intakes

the other intake is for use on Stage II on-center and off-center engines. i hope this helps....it's stated a little farther down on the site. later....

p.s. - they sure are beautiful !!!

See http://www.chargedair.com/tr/tr.htm

I have seen one of Tony's intakes for production style heads at Bristol this year; it was a VERY nice piece. Jack Cotton is also selling sheet metal intakes that looked very well done but I believe his prices are almost $1000 higher than CAS.

I've seen one of the stock head sheetmetals from CAS and it is a remarkable piece. Top quality construction and a lot of attention to detail.

I have been on the phone with Tony some this week discussing runner length for the stage 2 heads and he has 3 intakes in the works for me. 2 of them are for Scott Winsett and 1 is for my Stage 2 project. I suspect this is going to be a sought after item so I suggest getting in line quickly.

Hi,I have one of Tony's intakes It is a sweet piece.274"on center M&A heads,Dutt roller,and all the rest. Top quality as the rest of his stuff.I am using a 70 mm T body.Just had the engine freshened and fitted with the intake.So I can't mention any performance as of yet.ps where did all my 120 posts go now I'm a rookie again!:(

off-center, stock-style heads

Originally posted by JayC
I've seen one of the stock head sheetmetals from CAS and it is a remarkable piece.

The ad does not say if this'll work with OFF-center blocks with production style heads. Will it - and if so how much machining is required if any? I'll give him a call but this may be quicker.

TIA,

Art

Edit: Well, I just talked to Tony. The intake for an off-center/production style head is different but easy to get in the pipeline if you want one...

Art

That is far to pretty to put on an engine.. V-nice piece, I converted a 4bbl intake and bought the wilson manifolds elbow. Not as nice to look at but several hundreds still in my wallet...

Rob

I dunno, when yer spending 10k dollars to build a motor, 1300 for an intake just doesn't seem unreasonable.

Can you breakdown all the costs associated with converting a 4bbl intake for us? I'm just curious. I'd guess its in the neighborhood of 2/3 the price of the sheet metal if you can't do the welding yourself.

Intake
Elbow
Fuel Rails
Injector Bungs
Labor (assuming most people can't tig weld)
Throttle Body

Originally posted by RealFastV6
I dunno, when yer spending 10k dollars to build a motor, 1300 for an intake just doesn't seem unreasonable.

Can you breakdown all the costs associated with converting a 4bbl intake for us? I'm just curious. I'd guess its in the neighborhood of 2/3 the price of the sheet metal if you can't do the welding yourself.

Intake
Elbow
Fuel Rails
Injector Bungs
Labor (assuming most people can't tig weld)
Throttle Body

I did a 4 bbl conversion; I did my own TIG welding so I guess I came out cheaper than many.

Intake: $50
Elbow/rails/bungs: $230
TB: $170 (I haven't gotten it yet)
AN ends for rails: $20 (not done yet either)

So I'm at $300 for the intake and another $170 for the TB; note the TB isn't included w/a sheetmetal intake for that price either. See the link in my signature for pics of mine...

HTH,

Originally posted by KendallF

I did a 4 bbl conversion; I did my own TIG welding so I guess I came out cheaper than many.

Intake: $50
Elbow/rails/bungs: $230
TB: $170 (I haven't gotten it yet)
AN ends for rails: $20 (not done yet either)

So I'm at $300 for the intake and another $170 for the TB; note the TB isn't included w/a sheetmetal intake for that price either.

Woops, no TB you're right.

Hmmm 300, thats less then I expected. How many hours did you have into welding/machining kendall?

Originally posted by RealFastV6

Woops, no TB you're right.

Hmmm 300, thats less then I expected. How many hours did you have into welding/machining kendall?

A few. :) Actually, I think it took me a couple of weeks worth of my welding class, so about 20 hours, give or take. If you were setting up to do a bunch, you could do 'em fairly quickly.

FWIW, Tony had a price for doing 4 bbl conversions, and it wasn't out of line at all; if the sheet metal intake's too pricey and you have a 4 bbl, that might be the way to go. Somebody else posted a few months ago about doing a batch of conversions, but I don't recall who it was.

As far as I know mine is #2 in production ordered it sight unseen last march it was worth the wait.Nothing for these Buicks is cheap if you want speed then $$$$$ isnt the problem.

Also but most important I would never have an intake from BGC on my motor so I'm glad Tony stepped up.

I have nothing substantial to add to this post........ I just wanted to say. That is one sweet looking intake!

Questions

Originally posted by BADAZZS2GN
Hi,I have one of Tony's intakes It is a sweet piece.274"on center M&A heads,

What is the thread size of the CAS fuel rails?

What is the Holley part number for attaching throttle cable to throttle body?

Did you reuse the stock bracket for the coil/module?

Art

Hi Art, Tony welds male AN fittings to the fuel rails (-10 on mine).The bracket for the connecting the throttle cable to T body is a custom piece from Tony that mounts to the side of the intakes "dog house" .As for the stock bracket for the module/coil the intake has factory style mounting base to accept it. I havent got to that part of the puzzle so some tweaking could be in order as the upper 2 holes of the bracket are not used.

Steve B