You can type here any text you want

caspers audible knock gauge stays on at start sometimes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

yes has anyone had this problem and how to fixit ?sometimes when I turn my car on the beep stays on I have to turn the car off and on again .thanks in advance like always.

I wired mine to a toggle switch. Turn it on after the car starts and no more problem

Yup, happens more than often, I kind of expect it to happen every time on start up...Mike

Make sure that it is powered from an accessory feed, this way it powers off during cranking. The radio power is one such feed to tap into.

RemoveBeforeFlight

A follow up, there are two power feeds to the radio. The orange is battery power for backup (presets and clock). The yellow wire next to it in the same connector is accessory power (terminal F). That is the one to use.

You can grab accessory power from elsewhere. To check that it is the proper feed, turn the key backwards into the ACC position. If there is then power on that feed, it is the one to use.

RemoveBeforeFlight

The gauge (and the audible alarm) will occasionally malfunction during cranking, because the available power to the circuitry drops below 9 volts. To prevent the malfunction, as was mentioned already, use a power feed that turns OFF during cranking. This will eliminate the power-up problem.

Back