You can type here any text you want

Caspers Holley harness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

THensley

I just move this to ECM upgrade
Will I received my harness in a timely manner, But I was slow about the installation my house is done and I moved into the garage about a month ago.
Looks like the car is getting a full makeover to hot to do much outside so time to dig in..
It was more than a harness R&R.
Power Master was leaking fluid after just 15 years of good service, so in went vacuum brake conversion from a member, it went smooth no problem.
I swopped out AC condenser and added a larger radiator, and removed the old harness and laid in the new.
So far 0 problems and Mike at Full Throttle and Justin at Caspers have been very helpful , because this is a little over my head.
Justin claimed In his post how the harness is very expandable, that's a true statement I was going truck coil in the beginning but changed my mind and decided to go LS. I called Full Throttle they called Justin and they swiped out the harness and I hade LS harness the next week. I called and asked about the I/O breakout harness and Justen responded right away.
Wish I had the skills to write a good article about the Casper harness, But with the Suport and help both Caspers and Full Throttle has provided I fill it will come out with positive results.
The harness is laid out so well with the Holley pinout I was able to find and add my aftermarket Tach, No problem incorporating ALKY either, MAP plug and 5V right where it needs to be, the grounds lined up perfect to the bolt holes on the back of the head, If I do, but I don't think I will I repair my Power master and reinstall the plug is there.
Years ago I added an extra fuss panel to cleanup under the dash with all the extra crap (GOOD CRAP) I had added over the years. With the Holley ill be saying by to a lot of great add ons that made me love this car.
To Bob B that gave use the Scanmaster then the Scanmaster G ,Power logger the ability to log fuel pressure and ALKY pressure ,The Translator, TR6 and coil. all These things will be gone. My fuse panel is just home for Tach, ALKY and Boost control.
The harness in the interior or cabin side is long enough to go under the seat and flexible enough to go in the kick panel.
I chose to go under the seat. I liked it being bolted down better than dropped in the kick panel and it outweighs the OE ECU by triple in weight.
I must admit my first thought was a OE harness to fix several problems I was having with the old one, Justin suggest I reach out to a Holley rep that dose Buick first to get more info. Full Throttle has been my goto vender I don't fell that they tried to influence me to go holley just for the sale but helped me make a informed choice and MRSPOOL had some good help to even though every one new I could continue getting good results with the OE ECU.
The choice I made will cost me more than twice a new OE harness. I have lots of spear parts I can sale to help people keep there turbo Buick running. Several New NOS parts and LOTS of good used. this will offset some of the cost.
I have some PIC but I will be glade to speak freely about my experience with the venders and products

Car is up and running Justin at Caspers and Steve at FT have been great help I don't fell like its been over my head to bad.
I think logging saving the log and working through the logging software has been the biggest challenge.
A question to Holley users? The first startup and the better part of the first 30 minutes the IAC was 15-18 %. After a little adjusting and confirming timing and just checking I brought it down to 5-6 % and it wants to hunt a little I have probable put 30 + miles drive time and have been getting the fueling closer but I fell it Idles better over 10-12% IAC, has this been true for you? Our is you IAC at 5% and smooth. I will try moving the timing around a little tomorrow and rase the Idle to 850 like the TT chip. I do have it set at 800 just may be to low. I would like a little feed back on the IAC setting for you Holley user please. Im sure Mike will return my call after he catches up after the long weekend.
Boost is set at 15 want to get all the small bugs worked out first before I turn it up and start spraying ALKY ,at less a 100 trouble free miles.

Today got the ALKY up and running with a fresh pump and logging ALKY PSI
I was very surprised how well it went boost is 23 today and the learning pulled over 20% Fuel and IAT's dropped 40*.
AZ highway patrol watch the good streets and the rest has a truckled of sand on them.
Money well spent It drives just as good as the TT chip, and I was not repining the injector plug one more time.
Did I venture off the norm yes but it was a good and safe path to take

3 weeks later and 4 tanks of gas car is almost perfect as a daily driver. I would say it is perfect but Ill have a friend drive it Friday will I set in the passenger seat to finish up the cruse map and it will be ,though its looking pretty good today. We have a 12 mile pull up hill some places 6% grade speed limit is 65 so we should be ok at 70 mph. Very rich at 20+ boost when ALKY is spraying but it's going to the track Saturday. I have not found a local dyno shop that I trust to do the wide-open pulls yet so I'll do baby steps this Saturday.
With the TT 6.1 I was using 10.7 and it tracked pretty good, I have the Holley set a 10.5 AFR but it's not tracking as fast.But Im WFO for just a second at 20+ boost and showing -6-7% but the car dose not seam to layover at that moment. So I'll make an easy pass look at the log and plugs scratch my head a little and try again or come home.
Ill say it again this has not been a bad experience, But not as easy as getting a new chip burned for a new setup from TT. But a new chip was not going to fix my crapy harness problems.

Back