You can type here any text you want

cast some heads splayed type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racerdude

You know those chevy guys have them I think if the buick guys had hadem it would be great buick engine more reliable? :)

racerdude said:
You know those chevy guys have them I think if the buick guys had hadem it would be great buick engine more reliable? :)

Uh... What? Splayed Valves make the engine more reliable :confused: thats a new one. If you are talking about splayed bolt caps, Buick blocks are deep skirt blocks that don't lend themselfs to having splayed bolts on the outer main caps. Not to say it can't be done but hardly worth it, and very hard to find a block that hasn't already been converted to a 4 bolt cap if it can be. The splayed valve heads just flow better because they move the valve positions and angles around so that you can get get the valve farther away from the chamber wall so you get less shrouding. Nothing what soever to do with durability that I know of. Then again I don't build engines, I just read a bunch and apply my engineering and science background.

Stepping aside for the real people in the know,

I was half asleep when i done the post sorry. What i mean is some one should cast a head like the sb2 v6 chevy everyone keeps wanting to make blocks i would like to see a real good head like the s2 thats the only place they got us.

Back