You can type here any text you want

CATS Tuner - Where did Injector PW go?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dean

On my desktop, the ECM Constants window list different parameters for the IDENTICAL files that my laptop lists (Inj PW being just one). Why is that? I looked for some kinda "View" difference in the menus, but didn't see anything.

TIA

Hmm, I could see this happening if you have a different ECM definition file on each computer, one maybe being old or corrupted, but I've used TC for almost 10 years and if the file def caused the parms to be off, that would have really scewed up some people...so I guess that couldn't be the issue unless you have used the "custom tool"..I forget what its called to define some of your own tables in there...using the T31 def file right?

All files are/were exactly the same, copied from one to the other.

I contacted TC who felt it might be an outdated FormLib.tff or $T31_ECM file. The ECM files were current, but not the FormLib.tff. Now updated, all is good.

Odd how the program worked correctly on one but not the other, though. Maybe one or the other files was corrupted somehow.

Dean

interesting, I never really understood what that formlib.tff file did since $t31 def file defined the layout/addresses for the various tables in the bin file. It would seem like it would be possible for someone to really whack there settings up. Thanks for letting us know.

Dunno what it is for, but it matters. :)

In hindsight I should have tried reloading the old files onto the laptop to see if it was a corrupted file on the laptop. Though if confirmed as so, I don't know what I would do any differently today. I'm not very computer savvy.

Unless I'm mistaken, the formlib.tff is the "forms library" file. What you are seeing on your computer screen are forms, and this is the library of those forms. Thus, controls what you see on the screen.

Back