You can type here any text you want

CD player installation help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTer

Zap! Commander
Hey guys. I was installing an aftermarket CD player, and I'm usually pretty good at this, but I'm stumped. I cut all the wires instead of getting an adapter (perhaps stupid, but I know what I'm doing for the most part) and to my surprise, I get no tuning (meaning every AM/FM station is EXTREMELY staticy. I checked and the large plug for the antenna is fully secure. The only other wires I connected are the power, ground, power acc, and (of course) the speaker wires. By the way, the CD works fine, but I need a radio too. :( My question is this: could I have accidently fried the antenna wire, needing a whole new antenna? If one of my fuses is for (let's say) 10, and I'm using a 15, will this matter? Any ideas?

First of all DO NOT increase the fuse ampre. You could also got a bad motor. Did you hook up the pink wire? The pink wire should go to the blue/white of the aftermarket radio. And if you did hook up the pink wire make sure the relay is working (behind the fuse box) an easy way of checking it is turn on the radio and listen for a "click" behind the glove box.

Originally posted by roc87
Do you have a power antenna? Is it going up?

I have a power antenna, but it never worked when I had the car (March 2001). The stock radio I took out worked perfectly.

Heh, turns out the radio was junk, so I bought a Kenwood KDC-8009 from a friend for $100 and it works fine. Not a bad CD player at all, especially for 1998. :) Now, if I could only find a spare remote and some online instructions...

Back