You can type here any text you want

Champion Head Casting numbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I have been looking for the thread concerning the casting numbers of the Champion heads. I know there were issues with the early GN1 heads cracking and there were i think 4 different casting. I cannot find the thread can someone please post it. Or, Post pics of each one and the ones with issues.

When you say the early GN1 heads had issues,what year was that?

I bought my GN1 heads in the summer of 2001 and have never had any issues and i still run them now.

I did have the heads gone through a few years ago along with replacing the valve guides and adding roller springs for my 214/214 roller comp cam.

Oldest- champion logo between spark plugs
Older- logo is on the side by the freeze plugs
Newer- in the pic below (which are the "older" style) there is metal going across the outter bolt holes (not molded inward with the bolts being the outter most portion)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1385576220.999598.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Oldest- champion logo between spark plugs
Older- logo is on the side by the freeze plugs
Newer- in the pic below (which are the "older" style) there is metal going across the outter bolt holes (not molded inward with the bolts being the outter most portion)

View attachment 207593

I like it. So the newest has the casting between the outer boltholes. Where is the logo on the newest set?

as you can see here, the 1005-XXXX, would indicate they were casted October, 2005

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    759.1 KB · Views: 155
Very good. So basically the only difference between the newer and the latest is the casting between botholes? Im having dajavu (however you say it) i know this has been gone over before. Thanks alot for the info though.

Very good. So basically the only difference between the newer and the latest is the casting between botholes? Im having dajavu (however you say it) i know this has been gone over before. Thanks alot for the info though.

I'm sure tom has made other small tweaks here and there to the castings, but that's the only main difference i can think of.

Does anyone have a pic of the newest ones with the extra castings? Theres a few sets on Ebay and i have yet to see this new cast work. Thanks!!

Back