You can type here any text you want

Champion heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Do they make champion heads for our cars? If not, what heads are available for our cars or should I just port and polish mine?

TIA,
Sean

I dont know about the champions but I would P&P my heads first then see about spending the money on another set. I guess it depends on how much boost you want to run,how fast you want to go and how much money you want to spend.

I am going to buy a set of TTA heads and take my time Porting them;) Then do a quick swap:) HTH

Bo

Champion ports & polishes the stock heads. They don't "make" aluminum ones for TTA's like they do for Buicks.

Some people say Champions are excellent, others say you can improve them, others don't want to spend that kind of money and try cheaper alternatives while others just don't care and give the "I ran x.xx with stock heads".

The OE TTA heads are pretty good as cast. If you get a chance to compare them to a set of 8445 heads you will see what I'm talking about. If you absolutely have to have a good set of heads I would have the TTA heads P&P and go from there. I've seen a few set's of TTA heads go well into the 125 MPH range as cast. Good luck and keep us posted with results.

I will probably will just P&P the heads. I know it couldn't hurt. I just didn't know if they made the cast iron ones for our cars. I will look at my options more carefully. I have about 6 months to think about it. Thanks guys!

Sean K.
TTA no.1401

Steve..welcome :)

The polish is the part I consider BS.If you match the gaskets and port the runners,unshroud the valves,bigger valves,hog out the exhuast..simple 200-300 port job..you are there.

Unless its a class car that requires the utmost in every .001 tenth..simple porting will get ya there..On a street car spend the money on something else besides polishing..

Champion has an exchange program..they have a set already done..send em yours and they send you another set..about 1100 bucks last time I checked..please dont quote me on the price

Keep it simple..its what works.

;)

> I know it couldn't hurt

It could if you go deep with the porting.... it could hurt a lot!

I'd suggest you get another set from the junkyard and play with them first.

I was actually going to have someone else do it that has done alot of the GN heads.

Sean, What does your car run now with stock heads? Et,mph,60ft. Also let me know mods you have. You can post it or email me.
Steve Kaminski :)

Back