You can type here any text you want

Changed injectors car not running right???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

laws69cars

I need help am kind of new to the GN motors and learning as I go. I was told I had a bad injector car was throwing alot of white smoke and smelling like gas. I had the original injectors changed from the stock ones to a 32lb injector and also changed the coil pack with a auto zone duralast and also changed the spark plugs now car idles good no more smoke but car misses or dies out when I punch it.. if I give it gas in a smoothly it runs good up till about 25 miles per hr then starts missing like it wants 2 die out?? Anyone have any ideas what it could be or what I should check or change next??

An injector swap requires a chip swap too. Chip in the ecm must be burned for the injectors.

Oh ok thought since it wasn't a major upgrade I would not have to do that or at least that's what I've been told??

If I do need to swap my chip or upgrade it aswell do you know where my chip would be located and also is there anyone you can recommend to me that might be able to do this chip upgrade or ideas where to buy??

Eric Marshall at turbotweak is one of the best. Bob Bailey is too. Go to gnttype.org and search the info there for locations of everything, spring cleaning recipe (a must!) and even performance recipes.

With that small change - [28 to 32], the car will likely run a bit rich, but it shouldn't miss and act up as you describe.
You have the plug wires on the correct cyls? How about the inj plugs?
Changed fuel filter?
Fuel psi is?

I agree with Chuck on this, that small of an increase in the injector size will typically just cause the engine to run slightly rich. No chip changes are required in this situation, obviously for proper tuning you should have a properly burned chip for those injectors.

Back