You can type here any text you want

Changing hubs for a different bolt pattern?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trixdout

Changing out the hubs on a stock 8.5 posi rear gn and the fronts as well in order to put on different hubs in order to change the bolt pattern. Is it because there are no hubs that will fit? Or because the car will not respond well to the change.

Can anyone help with that?

Yes I know to change the bolt pattern I could get adapters (at least 1" thick) to change the pattern and I'l be alright. I rather not go down the adapter road if I can just change the hubs.

One a side note, I got another question regarding rim fitment. What offset and backspacing on a 17" x 9" rim do I need to fit it almost flush with the fenders (at a point where they don't rub)? Also thinking about only putting on 265 on that rim for the rear. Now for the fronts I would be using a 17" x 8" rim and most likely a 225 tire, so what backspacing and offset would I need to get them flush with the fenders, but to a point that does not induce rubbing and I have max turning radius (most likely closest to the fender anyways).

huh?

there are no "hubs" that you can just swap on- the front hubs are integral to the rotors, and the rears are a part of the axle..
you can take the rotors and axles to a machine shop and get the other pattern drilled into them for not too much money. don't forget to bring your rear brake drums with to get them drilled, too.

which brings up the question of why you want to change bolt patterns?

huh?

there are no "hubs" that you can just swap on- the front hubs are integral to the rotors, and the rears are a part of the axle..
you can take the rotors and axles to a machine shop and get the other pattern drilled into them for not too much money. don't forget to bring your rear brake drums with to get them drilled, too.

which brings up the question of why you want to change bolt patterns?

That was the information I was looking for. Uhm, the reason I want to change the bolt pattern is that I cannot find a set of wheels that fit the stock bolt pattern of 5x4.75". I mean none of those styles that are available suit my taste (frankly overdone a bit). I would like something like these (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...=Crusher&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&tab=wheels).

OK so next, how safe is it to get a different bolt pattern drilled into the front rotors? I've read that using wheel adapters is a no-no because of safety issues. If properly done, is the new bolt pattern just as safe as the stock one?

Ultra wheels lists a 15x8 wheel for the crusher in satin black in the 5x4.75. But i am guessing you want larger than 15" rims

Ultra wheels lists a 15x8 wheel for the crusher in satin black in the 5x4.75. But i am guessing you want larger than 15" rims

I would ultimately like to go with 18 x 8" in the front and in the back, 18 x 9". Based on the rim availability I can only really find 17" rims in that config, which I am content for now with. I noticed a lot of the rims online that fit with the bolt pattern only go as high as 15".

Back