Changing Motor mounts

jdpolzin

Well, I decided to go ahead and change the motor mounts on my Limited since I see they are looking a little dried out. I'm pulling the motor out of my GN soon and plan on just using the motor mounts that are on that motor since they arent very old. My question is, what is the best way to change the motor mounts in the Limited? Is there an easy way of doing it? Thanks! ------Jeremy

You should be able the just unbolt the two bolts that hold the engine to the frame, and then carefully jack the motor up with a hoist or from the bottom with a floor jack. Once you get it up a few inches you can usually reach the bolts that hold the mounts to the engine. HTH

Ever use the replacement mounts from the parts store? They are only $7 a piece! This car is bone stock original so I dont need HR's. Might as well get those if they are that cheap!

Of coarse I work for Napa so I use lots of parts store stuff. For a stock car you will be fine using the parts store mounts. They will wear out faster than the HR's but they dont cost near as much.

Also I forgot to mention earlier that the best way to make more room is that once the Engine is jacked up you can rock it to one side or the other and then strap it down while its tilted and that will give you a little more room. Just make sure its strapped down good so it doesnt come loose and swing back and crush your hand.

I was going to do my motor mounts too and, after a lot of research, did it the easy way. Change the driver's side mount and call it good. I've never tried the passenger side mount, but heard it's much harder to do. I used a Napa mount on mine. Even though it wasn't as hard of a mount as poly, it was much better than the poor excuse for a mount that I pulled out from the car.