You can type here any text you want

changing the carb???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

80monteturbo

does anyone know what cfm carb the 80 monte carlo turbo came with?

and is there any after market things i can do to make it better or is there an aftermarket carb i can which to?

It's a 800 cfm carb in front of a 390 cfm turbo.

Keep the quadrajet - it's plenty of carb for what you need. You want to prevent knocking and then up the boost. That's the quickest way to more power. Guages are your best freind.

i was just wondering hwat cfm it was i was probably goin to keep it even though it will be around 12 pounds of boost a small shot a nitrous with ported heads 3 angle valve job and cam

As the trubo quadrjet is set up with a powervalve that is plumb to the lower intake. Any aftermarket carb would need to be set up the same way.

Water/alcohol injection works well.

The secondary is limited to open only 50°. Limiting the total airflow to 570 CFM.

If you go bigger than that the car will buck and stumble, I have been down this path.

750 Quadrajet works great for me with a 3/4" alum spacer under it.
Note: there is no emmisions equipment left on the engine.

fc227 said:
The secondary is limited to open only 50°. Limiting the total airflow to 570 CFM.

If you go bigger than that the car will buck and stumble, I have been down this path.
I have seen this also :eek: . Is there a reason for this?
When I set my secondary air flaps to full wide open ,the turbo won't stop making boost.This happens about 17lbs before the buck and pop.My sulution is set the accelleruter pedle to maxout at a little over 3/4 @ WOT

You could make a stop for the Secondary so it only opens 50 degrees. I use to have picture of what I am talking about. If I find it I will post it.

Back