Charlotte AutoFair - Apr 21-22

Continue AutoFair, But for 2 days instead of 1

• Forget it, Chunk the Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NCTyphoon

Alright gang,
Here's the deal. I got our registration today in the mail, along with a note to call Rodney, the Autofair coordinator about vehicle spaces. I figured we were going to be busted for low turnout the past few shows, but we were not. What it is, the Speedway has decided to cut "Saturday only" clubs due to wanting to fill more spaces on Sunday. The only way we can stay in is to become a Sat /Sun club. I'm throwing this is to see what everyone's thoughts are as to whether we want to commit to a 2 day show. I know a lot of people can't make the trip both days, but we are allowed to so "switch outs" and basically just try to fill 10 spaces each day(I don't want to increase numbers if we can't fill 'em). I also asked Rodney if it would be agreeable if we could expand our genre and include some other GM vehicles(such as Fiero's, (I know, don't hate me), or others such as GP's, etc. This being said, the LAST thing I want to see is a bunch of Camaro's or Chevelle's with us, I'd rather keep it GM specialty(oddballs, discontinued, recalled). We could change out title to Southeast GM Discontinued Retards , or whatever.
So, I have until about Feb 8 to let him know what we want to do. Is it time to disband or continue and maybe add another genre of GM vehicle in? If we decide to show, we'll have to revamp our trophy voting to include Sunday show cars, perhaps a points numbered voting system.
Let me hear it, what yall want to do?

Okay, here's the update. For the sake of Autofair, we are now GM Performance Specialties. So if we have to bring in a few Fiero's or S-Series, K5's, or whatever else GM we can use that option.
I only asked for the minimum of 10 spots for each day(Sat & Sun)
If anyone wants a spot for one or both days, let me know what you want

Can I bring a dodge ram? some GM stuff on it, really! they share many parts, just ask pat ;) I promise to bring it dirty so not to hurt the gm guys, LOL
Can I bring a v8 buick GN this year? No laughing pat!!! It's lonely out here at times.
Bill

Can I bring a dodge ram? some GM stuff on it, really! they share many parts, just ask pat ;) I promise to bring it dirty so not to hurt the gm guys, LOL
Can I bring a v8 buick GN this year? No laughing pat!!! It's lonely out here at times.
Bill

Bring the V8, that way the wise guys walking around can comment on how that was a factory option, and their cousin used to have one like it

Cheryl,
I would like a spot for saturday, I will be bringing the GNX
Doubt i will be able to stay till sunday, but i will check,

Geoff

Update: Our "new" name is GM Performance Specialties. I'll be going to the Autofair meeting Tuesday to get our passes, etc. I have some of you down for a spot, but please refresh my memory and post if you plan on showing & what days. I may need to snag some fill in spots from other vehicle genre's to make our numbers. I think we do have at least 1 Fiero coming :)

Update: Our "new" name is GM Performance Specialties. I'll be going to the Autofair meeting Tuesday to get our passes, etc. I have some of you down for a spot, but please refresh my memory and post if you plan on showing & what days. I may need to snag some fill in spots from other vehicle genre's to make our numbers. I think we do have at least 1 Fiero coming :)

Prob won't be my pos fiero either. anyone want any 84-85 GN wheels?

I picked up our passes tonight. Our location is near pit road, between pit road and the track. Right beside G8 Club(Conrad, you don't have far to go for your sandwich!) Let me know what day or days you want to show. Dates are April 21 & 22
And shoot me an email with address to mail passes to

Meet up for those wanting to cruise in together/and or pick up passes will be at Ruby Tuesday parking lot beside McDonald's on Speedway Blvd at 7am. Inclement weather plan is to move just about all infield cars to grandstand tunnel.My cell is 336-847-3574 should anyone need it

**UPDATE**NEWSFLASH***
Okay I just got a call from Rodney Oliver, Autofair Administrator. He's going ahead and making the call to move us up to the grandstand tunnel. We will need to go in at Gate 2A. They are NOT going to be able to divvy up and assign spaces with club signs. We all will need to try to stay together and park together as much as possible. The Auction will be up top(near the Smith Tower)so it may be easier to turn left into the tunnel instead of right. They are going to have some food vendors open up on the tunnel as well. He said that if it clears up enough they may try to pull a couple of smaller clubs down to pit road area, but plan on going to the grandstand. What may be easier is to go way down to the bottom like we did a couple of years ago, we may have more room. Any ideas on that?

Headed out this afternoon. I will be staying at the Courtyard by Marriot not to far from the track. The car will be at my buddy NCTURBOS until we need it saturday morning--just trying to keep the stolen TR's down.

See you guys saturday morning at the meeting spot at 7:00

Geoff

Geoff, Hope you have a safe trip up. I'm sure Keith will take good care of your car, see you Sat morning

GNX #235 slept nice & safe last night... ;)

Putting the car up on stands, & running it in reverse (ala Ferris Buellers Day Off) indeed does not work though... :eek: :D

K.

GNX #235 slept nice & safe last night... ;)

Putting the car up on stands, & running it in reverse (ala Ferris Buellers Day Off) indeed does not work though... :eek: :D

K.

:D:D:D--you should put a turbo on that drill!!!!!!

Had a great weekend(Thanks Cheryl for the hospitality!!) , but a little tough.
Had a nail in a tire(GNX), Fuel pump shit the bed(GNX--barely got it off the trailer), and had rain on the way home (everything).

Geoff:cool:

seen the gnx ,, my lil bro has a 1050 polaris like u i got it to 73 stock in 97 or 96 when it was new