You can type here any text you want

Charlotte AutoFair - Apr 5

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTyphoon

I usually put out an open post to fill our spots, but our spots filled up quickly from our Southeast GM Turbo 6 yahoo board for this upcoming show, Apr.5. I am posting to see if there is anyone who may want to show with us, the oppoutunity to get on our alternates list. If anyone has to drop out I will contact alternates to try to fill the spot. So if anyone would like to get on the list, let me know

Cheryl Please add us to the list, I hope we get a chance to make it this year.

Our 20 spots and alternates thus far. If anyone drops I'll contact alternates
1-Cheryl D
2-Pat B
3-Alonzo P
4-Vernon S
5-Randy M
6-Clint A
7-Eric S
8-Rob D
9-Conrad C
10-Gary K
11-Jim L
12-Brian B
13-Mike M
14-Larry
15-Trampass B
16-Sam B
17-Monte U
18-20 - John W & friends
Alternates:
Richard C
Jim A
Johnny C
Scott L

Korey & I attended the meeting for AutoFair last night. Our location will be to the left side Smith Tower entrance. We will be SORT OF in the main grandstand tunnel area. Instead of being completely in the tunnel, we'll be on a concrete terrace, beside the main pedestrain entrance at Smth Tower. A Chevelle club will be along the front border of the tunnel, we are on the terrace just behind them. We will be able to pull along into the tunnel ONLY if it rains, but at least we are where we are, and can get out of weather if needed. The amount of cars in the main grandstand has been cut back due to grandstand areas getting new seats put in. A change from meets past, the gates to get into the event will open at 6:30am. This should help us to get in place a bit easier, the earlier we can get in the better. The AACA is having a major meet at April AutoFair, so traffic is expected to be worse than in years past in and around the Speedway.
If anyone needs to drop out of the show, please let me know ASAP so I can contact alternates to step in. Attendance is crucial to staying in the show, some other clubs have been busted for poor attendance and for members leaving out early, some as early as 11-12:00! We are a big part of the Speedway's show, and they expect us to be there as early & as long as possible.Our group has always been very close to where we should be with our attendance numbers, let's keep up the good show of vehicles! We are a very diverse & unique group compared to the tons of FBody, big blocks, & vettes. The public needs to know we exist. I know it makes a long day, but it's only 2x /year. So come on and enjoy the show & vendors! We should get a ton of attention where we're at(right where GQ public comes in), it will be an interesting day as always listening to the comments.
One more inportant note..the GS/GN group will be on the other side of the tower, so if you are not cruising in with the majority of us, MAKE sure you pass the Mini Coopers in the tunnel to get to our spot, don't park with the wrong group! I'll send out Korey's cell # in event anyone gets hung out on the highway coming in, and can't make the meet up for passes around 7-7:15am at Ruby Tuesday parking lot on Speedway Blvd. Those needing passes mailed, I'll get them to you within the next few weeks, but if you have to cancel PLEASE get them back to me ASAP so we can fill the spot. Any questions or info don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks !!! You all are a Supergroup!

Hey guys, new here in SC (just moved to Shaw AFB). Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you at the Autofair, please keep me in the loop :D

ok guys and gals

it's crunch time not too many more days til autofair. so clean and shine those rides up and i look forward to see everybody sat.

Cheryl, Johnny C. will not be showing his GN this year, so you can use that spot for somebody else. He sold his car.
Thanks,
Chuck

Never heard any updates & I have not preped so please remove me from the alternate list also.

Hopefully all of us who have been "cursed" this go round is ready for Saturday. So unless we all fall out like flies on the way to Charlotte I guess we're set. Amazing....we haven't had the usual spot shuffle this time! So there's not been anything to update on the filled spots. Just hope no RAIN!
We'll see how it goes, perhaps next show we can get more spots and get a few of you guys that haven't shown with us yet in

<cough><gasp> Someone put down that can of Raid!
I just got word that we have an open spot for Saturday. If anyone would like to fill in let me know. I shoulda known not to brag about how smooth things have went this time around!

In event of rain (looks like it's gonna be that way) we have permission to park inside the tunnel instead of on the side terrace. We'll have to get with the guy that toiles areound in the golf cart to show us exactly where we can park, most likely it will be justabove where our terrace is

Zack will be showing his WS6 with Carolina Rides if it don't rain. I will be turkey hunting in SC Saturday so ya'll have a good time, now where did I put that life jacket. You know, it never use to rain during the first week of turkey season until they started having the Auto Fair, I wish they would move the dates back. :D

Jim

well this sucks i was so looking forward to this,but i just cant drive the syclone in the rain ,but if it lets up i might go sunday,or even tommorow,we cant all go sunday instead?

Back