You can type here any text you want

cheap place to get an inlet pipe and/or turbo cover?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

http://smiley.tzo.com/fbody/pics/car_89_ta_enginebay.jpg

as you can see - a previous owner painted the inlet pipe (i think that's what it's called, intercoller -> intake pipe) and the turbo cover.

i know people sell chrome ones and stuff... but since this car isn't really cleaned up yet i think chrome would look just as bad as those ugly white things. anyone know where i can get plain, cheap replacements for those parts?

Apparently PAS considered doing the aluminized version of the turbo shield and up pip .... sandblasted then aluminized ... but it got too expensive so the engine in the GM foldout brochure is the only one that got that .... production cars got the crap looking cover :(

I had mine powder coated silver looks great!
1989TTA3.jpg

yours looks great! are those your stock pipes? what about the maf pipe - i have the stock flexible looking pipe... which one is yours? also - you know where i can get new couplers (i noticed you have blue ones), can you get those in colors also?

I sent mine to get ceramic coated then had them glass bead instead of polishing. It looks identical to the picture. And if it gets a little dirty, all that is required is to scuff with steel wool..and the sheen comes back to the part.

I didnt want a shiny part, just wanted something with sheen.

HTH

detail

Back