Check it out! Turbocharged Snowmobile

86 TR

Work In Progress
I took some pics. of my cousins turbocharged Yamaha snowmobile. This thing is insane its 2004 Yamaha RX-Warrior with a oil and watercooled ball bearing and intercooled turbo setup. The motor is 1000cc 4 cylinder, 4-stroke. Its got different lower compression pistons, better rods, arp stud kit and a ported cylinder head. Last year I got to witness this machine run 150mph in a 1000 feet of ice!:eek: Its supposed to be making around 450-475 hp as of right now. It's a full chassis, heavy sled. Not lightened up yet! Except for the aftermarket seat. I don't know how the hell he hangs on to it but it looks like on helluva ride. Its actually a carburated blow thru system with an electric fuel pump. Its actually simple but very effective. Its got MSD ignition with a stutter box on it also.

The rear suspensions out of it right now as hes switching over to asphalt equipment. My cousins hoping to run 8.20's, to 8.50's at 170mph in the quarter mile with it. I have seen a sled do that last year on the asphalt in Union Grove, Wisconsin. That run was made with the same kind of sled as this one. I tell you what the guy that was riding it must of had balls of steel to run that fast its just insane. Hopefully I can get a video of this sled running in 2 weeks and post it up here on this forum. He's running a racepack datalogger and down loads every run on his laptop computer to see how efficient the clutching is, also to see if the track is spinning anywhere during the run, exhaust gas temp, water temp, boost, etc. And by the way he has upward of $35,000 invested in this machine.:eek:

Damn the intercoolers bigger than a stock Turbo Buicks. I seen the dyno sheet on this sled and it makes more power than the Buick. But weighs in at about 775lbs with the driver as opposed to a car at 3600lbs. Talk about a power to weight ratio.

He has all of his engine work done by Simon's CPR out of Milwaukee, WI.

Here's some pics.

100_0528.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

100_0525.jpg

100_0523.jpg

100_0522.jpg

100_0521.jpg