You can type here any text you want

Check this oil pressure for me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I also used 20w-50 V R1 conventional oil, and when engine is cold at first start up oil pressure is 60-65 psi and when engine is warm (175*) oil pressure is 23-25 psi. This is on a electric oil pressure gauge.

I run Brad Penn 10w-30. 55 psi cold, then about 15 at hot idle. I wouldn't worry about idle pressure unless it's below 10 psi.

I run 5-30 never see less than 20 psi with a mechanical gauge. My electric used to drop to close to 10 at times to many electrical gremlins in these cars

!5w40 Rotella and I see 22-23 at hot idle, down to 18-19 sometimes after some good runs. I would be happy with those numbers as long as when youre cruising and at WOT its healthy

So I should drain my 0W30?

Yep. U need to get right on that...
While U R changing it, maybe, someone that's bashing the syn in "our cars",might go into a bit of an explanation as to why this oil is not the "hot ticket"...

It's probably time for a rebuild, again.... as I 'broke it in' with syn 0W30.

Screw it. I'm just going to run it till it breaks. If I put aside a penny a day until it blows up from the wrong oil, I should have a few hundred thou for a rebuild.

....then again with .0009 main clearances and a good oil pump there's a chance I might be OK.

Use 20w-50 V R1 conventional like the guy above said and you will see around 15 to 20 psi at hot idle, 10-30 is too damn thin for a turbo engine..

I agree with this...these numbers are more like the norm.

High oil psi isn't always good. There's alot to be said about better flow and volume through the pump. This doesn't mean that the psi is going to be higher but it does mean that you have freed up pumping restrictions.

Over 200k with Mobil 1 10/30 15 psi at idle, 40 at 2k. Specs call for 37# at 2k. 155# compression on all cylinders. If you used anything else in the Callaway twin turbo Corvette it voided the Warranty! That's why I went with it 27 years ago. I know Nick hates it but it's worked for me.

Rebuild. Seeing 25 hot @ idle. 0w 30 mobil1 syn since break in, beat the brakes off my car..literaly so I should dump my oil too:) runnin tight clearances. All is well. Rebuilding these ancient dinos. Just take your time build em right. curious if you have tight clearances. Whats the need for such heavy oil?

PM Earl Brown, he is on this broad. I also run his stuff. Great guy.

Ray: I know that was a typo, but, you were probably right anyway!

That was no typo. Earl is usually on a broad if he isn't downing a beer.

I stand corrected!!

I should have known better what was I thinking.

I will never underestimate you again Earl.

Back