You can type here any text you want

Checking GN rims for "true"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbopete

Tug Driver
I think one of the rims is not quite true. Is it possible to unmount the tire and run the rim by itself on a tire machine to check it?
If not, how can they be checked?

I called a local wheel repair shop and they said they can only do aluminum wheels.

I like the stock wheels, but they need to be checked. Eventually, they will need rechroming and painting. Engine rebuild first, then the other stuff...

just mount the rim in question on the front of the car, and rotate it slowly as you eyeball the rim against something under the car. if it's got a wobble, you will see it.

The answer is...

At Kramer Tire, they have a machine that does a "Road Force Test". The rim is bent. Off to Trudesign soon for repair.

try this at home

put rim in question on rear and jack up car-both tires clear-and put car in gear-be safe and have someone sit in seat to apply brakes if needed

At Kramer Tire, they have a machine that does a "Road Force Test". The rim is bent. Off to Trudesign soon for repair.

RoadForce is nice. You can have the tires dismounted and see how unbalanced the rim is, and when you do that you can watch and see if they are "true". Also you may have Shi tty tires. Its possible tire is not round anymore. Hope this helps

And if that wasn't enough...

I took them two sets of tires. All four of them were trash, and the wheel was bent. :frown:

Back