Checking in....with Videos!

ski_dwn_it

Hey fellas its been a while since I have been here and honestly have not been doing much tuning on the car with the GEN7. A few of you helped me last year when I was having some issues with the GEN7 flaking out. ACCEL treated me very well during the episode and a few of you also did.

Anyways over the winter I installed a solid rear in my car and did away with the IRS that required a bunch of work to maintain when pulling 1.37 60' times. It did not like that and broke often.

Then to complicate matter even more the wife and I had twin in Jan, which really cut down on my free time. Actually I have NONE. But I did manage to get out with the car a few times (4 to be exact, which is pathetic, but what are you going to do.).

I got out 2 weeks ago and the car went some new bests and then I went out again this past weekend and had a BALL! Broke all old times and had the time of my life.

The first pass the car went 1.36 with the rear wheels tripping the 60' beams. I don't think anyone will argue that it was with the rear wheels. :eek: The car was set on Kill and was CRANKin.

For those that don't know the car is a street legal, full weight car 3450lbs with a NA 434 sbc, 11:1 compression and has power everything. Only things changed are the motor, trans and rear.

Here is the first run:

Video of 10.08Run - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My father did a great job of filming as neither of us expected the car to do that! Holy toledo, I guess the tires came around and were now hookin! (Radial slicks at 20psi.)

So I go out next time figuring I lost some ET with the front up so high, so I short shifted 1st gear trying to get the nose down quicker, well that did not work - it just went up, up, up. You can hear me peddling it to get the front to start coming down!

Here;s the video - hope you enjoy!

Video of 330ftrun - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was an awesome day at the track and hope you enjoyed the videos. Give me your thoughts and I should be able to get out a few more times with the front tamed down and should be able to click off a 9s run before the year is out.

Good luck to you all and BE SAFE, that is my MOTO:eek:

Wow, don't see to many vettes wheel stand like that. Very cool vid.
Congrats on the twins and the car, hard to juggle the loves in life.

WOW!!

What type of rear suspension are you using? You need to find out where the CG and instant centers are in this car to get that wheelstand under control!!

Looks cool, but could be a real problem if you can't control the car.

Thanks fellas. That was only the 4th time out with the new solid rear setup which is a 4link, MOSER 12bolt, wishbone setup that i designed up. Its just the start of a good thing. I will tame down the lift and it will run in the 1.2X range on a consistent basis.

Last time out before this it ran 4 of of 7 passes dead exact in the 60' and the other 3 were only a few thousands off. It should make for a great bracket car....and cruiser on the street. Its like the best of both worlds - just change the tires and it handles like a top. Did I mention the last trip I went on with it - it got 18MPG. :D