You can type here any text you want

Chevette's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I want to turbo my 77 Skyhawk. I also want to make headers for it but haven't found any 304 SS head flanges yet? Thought that would be easy if you guys know where let me know. After seeing 10secvega on the H site and reading about his car I thought what better way to keep it Buick and be quick (whats your top rpm with the 3:55's?).

You can find Skyhawks out there. Like any H body they can look decent but still have terminal rust. I found a white one three years ago with less than 10k original miles. Brian

I changed to 3.23 gears this year.I just modified stock GN headers to fit my Vega.

I have 3:42's now. I've read that a lot of TR's keep that gear with a 26" tall tire. Not knowing I didn't think 6500 would be a big deal but from some of the info I've found sounds like the turbo V6 makes it all under 6k. I just ordered the new Buick engine book and should have it by June 1 so maybe that will help. At least I found a 109 engine and although I change my mind a lot right now I'm thinking two garrett 2871R turbos with E85 and a blow thru carb. RJC has the head flanges so that will work out.

I should be at BG this year with my white Hawk. Any chance you will be there? Brian

I think the 3.8 in the Chevette has been done but not sure if anyone has done a turbo 3.8.

I think a turbo 3.8 in a H body (Monza, Skyhawk, Starfire, Sunbird RWD) would be cool if as mentioned, you can find one that's not been rusted to death. Seems those cars were flimsy from the start.

I have a 79 Cosworth Vega with an 87 driveline in it.

I thought they quit making Vegas in 1977? :confused:

I'm doing a TR 7 with a 231 buick V6 (actually 238 cubic inches) that for now is carburated with a 350 transmission and a Ford Mustang rear end. As the car weighs about 2300-2400 lbs I expect it to run in the 13 second range. Once I get it sorted out I may think about a turbo motor if there is room for the additional stuff required.

Back