You can type here any text you want

chip burning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slay

Does anyone know???

I am using the xtronics software.

I can read a chip image perfectly. Verify works and all seems well.

I erased some chips using a datarase II and now when I go to write an image it says "device not programmed"

The software tells me that the chip is blank and can be programmed but fails when I try.

any ideas?

--

Has this ever worked for you?
Make sure you have the "selector" for the chip type set correctly.
Make sure the bin file you want to "burn" on the chip has been loaded into the "Buffer".
Then click "Program" at the very top of the screen to burn the file in the buffer to the chip.
Also, be sure to do a "blank check" of the chip before trying to burn anything to it...if it fials the blank check (provided its a UV erasable chip) it will not program.
If its electronically erasable chip, then just load the buffer and hit "program"..no erasing or blank check required.

Let me know if you still have problems I'll try to help you out.

Hey

Thanks for your reply....

I am pretty sure I did all that properly.

Still no go.

I am waiting now. I am going to convert my ECM to flash and quit messing with this 2732a chip.

The AT29C256 will be much easier to work with.

In the mean time I am gonna try to make sure all the components check out OK in my programmer.

If not I will have to buy a new flasher or something. Fix the one I have if I can.

--

Ok, you are able to read the chip fine and then pull that bin file into your editor ok right? If so, then you have everything connected correctly.
Does the chip you are wanting to burn onto go thru the "blank Check" successfully? If not, then its not erased completely and will not program.
If it blank checks ok, but still will not program, you might try contacting xtronics to see if they can help, the Pocket Programmers do eventually go bad, not sure why but they do.
Maybe find a contact on here that can service it: http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/promintro.shtml

It takes the same voltage to burn the AT chips as it does the 2732A, so going with the AT chips may not help the issue. I take it you have a thumbwheel device to put the AT29C256 chip in as its not a direct drop in from the 2732A.

yeah.

I know I still need to fix the programmer.

The reason I am going to flash is because I am sick of fixing my datarase II.

I have broken it twice.

Actually in the xtronics software it says that the AT chip is 5v as opposed to 21 or whatever for the 2732.

Weird thing about the PP is the chips are seen as "erased" and all that. It reads ok but no writing.

moates sells a USB programmer for the chip I am getting so if I cannot fix my PP then I will probably buy one from him. I bought a chip and an adapter for our ecm's from him. See how it works here soon.

All this because want to do alcohol injection......

hmmmm

Thanks!

Just wondering, since the AT29C256 is a 32k chip, can you actually put 8 different TR programs on it and will the Moates adapter allow you to switch around between those 8 programs in the single chip? Like a 8-pos thumbwheel?

Thats the same chip I use in my Caspers 8-position thumbwheel.
Once I have edited and made the 8 4k porgrams, I use the DOS copy /b command to concatenate them all together into one 32k file and then burn it to the AT29C256 chip....then I have a Valet, Security, Race, and street chip all into one AT29C256 chip.

I could have swore that both the AT and the 2732a chip were both 5v programming voltages.

the only thing with his adapter is you have to program the 29c256 with the offset at 7000

You can run a thumbwheel with his adapter. All the adapter does is allow the 28 pin chip in the 24 pin slot.

Maybe I am wrong about the voltages. The thought the 2732a was 21v.

The 29c256 is 5v.

The only other thing I am doing right now is adding a zif socket to the adapter so I do not damage the chip taking it in and out.

once I get all that going I am gonna look into doing the thumbwheel.

--

son of a gun...the 2732a is 21v, never noticed that before, but I've only burned a few 2732A chips. After figuring out how to do the 8 in 1 made things alot easier than dealing with the UV light each time to change every little parm in the chip one at a time.

Hey!

In 1995 I bought a "Chipster" tuning program from Modern Muscle car. I loved it but I'm having problems. About 5 years ago I couldn't get any chips to burn. I've been going through the same problems with my PP also. It will read the chip but will not program it or it will get about halfway through it and abort.

In the meantime, I kept trying to see if I could get it to work but it never does. Now, I can't get the Chipster to install on the computer anymore. I guess the "install.bat" file is corrupt or something. If anyone has this file from a CHIPSTER program please send me a copy if you can. Thanks!

Back