You can type here any text you want

Chip no good what to do?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lbraucht

Chip problem need help?

i just bought an ultrachip that is a 8 position one i got it at the kirban's open house form jay's gn i just put it in yesterday and i think it is no good. I put it in made sure the ECM harnesses were all the way in and started the car and the check engine light was flicering and would not go away. This chip is for 50#injecters and it idled so bad i put the stock one in with the 50s and it idled better. The zero position is for anti-theft and i put it one zero and the car started fine and did not stall or anything. I tryed it agian with the same resualts. If is no good what should i do with it can i take it back or to Casper's? I also just installed a scanmaster when i put the chip in, it did not work with the Ultrachip in it but it worked fine with the stock one in. Is their anything i can do with this chip or just chuck it. Thanks for any information.
-Tim

Hrrmm... no responses?

A little late but likely the hardware is salvagable. Not sure what would happen if the connector was reversed (should b keyed?) but might wanna take another look.

That said, did you ask those you got it from?

Shawn

Are you sure that it isn't just the chip being seated improperly? See if you can get the lights to stop flickering by moving the chip around a little bit. My chip doesn't work right if it's pressed all the way in. One corner of it needs to be up about .5 of a mm.

Peter

FWIT
If the SES is flashing then the computer is in "limp home mode" and thinks that you have 28# injectors. i.e. your 50# are getting fired like they are 28# and the engine is getting way too much fuel.

I agree with 99Formula about reseating the chip.

Gary

Oops should have said the connector for the cable (I assume its a thumbwheel?)... what if that were backwards.

Yeah, doublechecking the seating is a good idea too!

S

Back