You can type here any text you want

Chip Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain

I have a stock 1987 Turbo-T. I want to put a small chip in the car. I have no intentions of trying to make this car an 11 second car. I just want to give it a little more go. Any ideas on what would be a good chip for a stock car? I will be running 91 octane gas. Thanks

TT chips are great but you should understand that from the factory the fuel pump was marginal at stock hp levels and the injectors are already static in the stock chip (turned on all the time at wot), so there really isn't any room for improvement with "just a chip". At a minimum you need a good in-tank fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (original reg set to 37 psi, not 44 psi to get more flow out of the injectors and what most all chips expect). With that you can squeak a little more hp out of the stock injectors but you really should go ahead and do injectors, otherwise you will just be buying a new chip later when you do :-). Step up to the 60 lb/hr's, and just tell Eric that everything else is stock, and he will make the chip so it runs great with what you have now and you will have lots of room to grow in the future. Welcome to the slippery slope of "I just want a little more hp, nothing major" :-).

james,
Thanks for everyones thoughts on this. You are so right. When is a little hp enough:)

Back