You can type here any text you want

chip recommendations for stock injectors...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostymofo

I'm looking for a cheap replacement for the factory chip. I was thinking Thrasher 93 because it (from what i read) has less timing than the stock chip (and its cheap!). I'm getting some slight knock at the top of third (running 12-13lbs of boost)and figured less timing may help this? What do you guys think?

What kind of gains would i see from switching to a 93 chip over factory?

thanks

If you're getting knock at 13psi, you have work ahead of you before putting any type of aftermarket chip. You need to nip that knock in the butt before moving on to more performance. Theres a reason its kocking, and you need to find what it is.

Nip it in the butt.. heh..

i think it is false knock...when at idle the down pipe will occasionally tap against the frame i believe a motor mount is bad.
Will test this with race fuel next weekend.

Assuming it IS false knock does anyone have any chip comments/advice for me?

well now he is running a large turbo on stock injectors?? even at 13 psi itd be killing the stock turbos cfm input at that level of boost.. ?

I doubt the MAF is getting pegged at that boost, but if you say so Jason

didnt mention anything about the maf, just air volume.. lean out? but the maf would compensate for that huh? maybe hes leakin oil into the cyls or has some nasty injectors, either way he should be running blue tops or better with a te44... imo

O2's are in the 820-850 range
Injectors are coming when money permits(and so will a another new chip). I am NOT increasing the boost until i have the fuel system completed. I was hoping to get a relatively inexpensive chip to maximize the performance of my car (with stock injectors) for right now. Are the gains from an 93 chip(for stock injectors) over factory chip negligible??

Would i gain anything from a new chip at this point???

You could get someone to do a chip for you with stock boost levels then you would at least benefit from better driveability, startup, etc. Performance gains would be negligible but the car would probably run better.

ASSuming your knock is false... you could very well see some gains.

The stock injectors are good for a while yet... at least at near stock levels of boost. But, with the 44 you have increased flow on the stock WG settings... which means that you could be flowing up to (guessing here) 17psi worth of stock turbo.

You could see some gains (like the ones Jay mentioned) in terms of reliability, and if you cranked up the base FP you could stop that knock at WOT. Could. And may see a minor improvement in overall performance.

$25 for a chip never hurt any of us. Got a Power Plate yet? :)

9th-degree Chipmeister Bob Bailey

You might give Bob Bailey at Ramchargers a call.

www.ramchargers.com

Up-to-date, constantly improved, state-of-the-art chips!

Fast, PERSONAL service!

HTH :)

Back